DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On the Member's Map, my Pin did a "Fly Away…" Fix'd now, but is your Pin where is should be?

I checked in my account settings and my address etc is correct and my permissions is enabled to show my location .
The member map uses Google Maps, if you zoom in enough, you can go to Street View…

So it also has to have Google Chrome Location enabled… Here's how…

Two things, in your settings, Privacy, the box for "Opt out of the Member Map" is NOT checked,

Next, go straight to Google, click the Three Dots (Top Right…), click HELP, Click ABOUT GOOGLE CHROME, check to see it your version is up to date…

Close Google, reopen Google, Three Dots, Privacy and Security, Site Settings, Permissions/Locations, Check Sites can Ask your location…

If your Pin is still not where you expect it, it's now a "Treasure Hunt" and you need to start looking at nearby Pins and then further away pins... It might be easy or it might be difficult, there is no app that you can use to search of the pin, it strictly "hunt and peck…"

Hope this helps…

Read about pins not showing up on the Members Map, but could not find a reason why mine is not there. I have not moved and I have my home town listed, so wondering why I don't show up on the map?

wondering why I don't show up on the map?
I am sorry, I am not staff, only a member like you, but I try to help… Have you ever seen your Pin, as in when you first joined, did you move the pin to the correct location? When I first joined, the map came up, showed my Pin, and I moved it to a more accurate location.

Over the years, I have seen my Pin "walk about a bit," but I periodically check it and correct it as necessary. Perhaps yours might have migrated quite a ways and I do not know of any way to find it except by zooming in and actively scanning the map.

I am sorry, I am not staff, only a member like you, but I try to help… Have you ever seen your Pin, as in when you first joined, did you move the pin to the correct location? When I first joined, the map came up, showed my Pin, and I moved it to a more accurate location.

Over the years, I have seen my Pin "walk about a bit," but I periodically check it and correct it as necessary. Perhaps yours might have migrated quite a ways and I do not know of any way to find it except by zooming in and actively scanning the map.
I think the problem is it goes by IP address unlike the location set on your profile. If a person uses a VPN or proxy it won't be your current location. I tether through my phone and my ip address bounces around all over the place so that's probably why my location on the map is not where it should be even if i set it in a certain place (which I have done 3 times).

Been on here I think a few years and never looked for my pin. Definitely no where close. Will have to look at places 50 miles away.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1