DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is your Membership PIN on the Member's Map correctly located?

RCHawk, thank you, but when I do that, I get an empty grey box.

Ok apparently I’m a day late and a dollar short. I looked for my pin ( I’m not opting out) near Honor, Michigan. Nothing there. I did the zoom in, but I’m currently in Philadelphia, so that doesn’t work. How do I add my pin? Or should it be automatic?

Edit: I tried again using my computer instead of my phone. Your instructions are good. But I definitely have no pin. There are a couple of pins north of me, which makes sense since it's not a densely populated area.
I opened the map to look for RadioFlyerMan and there's no pin in Honor, Mi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231118_121701_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20231118_121701_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Wow, I did not intend to open a can of worms… I had hoped that this method of Zooming into the Map might actually bring up the location of the PIN (and all lost PINs…).

As I wrote, when I first joined MP over 2-years ago, I entered my actual location (York County, VA, USA) and when the Map appeared, it was centered on my county and the PIN was located in the center of my county. It included directions that I could move the PIN to a different location. I moved it and except for a few occasions when Google added some enhancements to the Map, my PIN stayed where it was put… Only one time, it took a 50-mile "flight…" and I moved it right back…

In my Welcome Notes to New Members, I have included a reference to the Member's Map for over a year now and I have received some notes back that a member could not see the map or the pin…

I use a PC with Windows 11 and two Samsung Galaxy Android Tablets and the screen image is the same for all three devices. When I use my Motorola Android Phone to log onto MavicPilots using Google Chrome, the image in not only smaller, but some of the options do not appear… MavicPilot also has an App in the Google Play store, but like I wrote the images are just too small for these tired old eyes…

I do not have any Apple Products so I do not know how they appear on an Apple computer, an iPad, or on an iPhone…

The Member's Map is based on the Google Map and if you Zoom in enough times you will get to Street View and I believe the PINS are a construct of the use of the MavicPilot's WebPage's Software. That means, somewhere in the MavicPilot's Servers, the location (Lat/Long) of each PIN is maintained and associated with the Member's Profile.

While attempting to find a solution for a member not seeing a map, or the map opening up somewhere else, or no PIN. These issues have come up,

Google requires the user to enable "Location Sharing" for the map to appear. Additionally, Google Chrome (the browser…) may ask the user if they want to share their location through the web site and again, if the user declined, the map may not come up… Additionally, in your Account Preferences, Privacy Options, you Must Not Have Checked, "Opt out of the Member's Map"…

So, for the Member's Map to work, Google needs to know your location, otherwise it does not know what part of the world to display. When you registered your membership, you were required to enter your location; however, some members were being very discrete about their location and entered exceptionally large areas (ie: Earth, North America, USA, UK, Australia, etc…) and the member's PIN would appear somewhat centered on that area (along with the hundreds, even thousands of other member's PINs and the PIN was just lost in the display of so large an area…

I have been given some special limited access to the Member's Map in an attempt to help members' find their lost PINs. I will not have any access to any member's accounts, only the map as I create various accounts to experiment and try to find some "Rhyme or Reason" to the lost PINs.

If there are any updates, to what little is know, I will let you all know and maybe, "Bo Peep, will find her lost sheep…" L 🐏 L . . .

Just went to check mine. It was off by about 4 miles east. I dragged mine to the correct location, exited the map and then went back in. Still where I put it.
For me when zooming it was easier for me to click on one of the "member clusters" which caused it to zoom in. Once that happened, smaller member clusters appeared, I click on the one closest to me - repeated until I could see the pins in my area. I found mine was off by clicking the individual pins until I found mine.

Yiesterday I moved mine to the correct location and now it's out of place quite a bit, not sure why that is.🤨

Last edited:
Please reply back if your Member PIN was also centered?
Yeah, LoudThunder, my pin was centered and the only one showing after zooming in. A friend who lives one block away is also on the members map, but my zooming bypassed his pin, and my pin was the last one standing. 🤣

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13