DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OOP or OOMV

EagleHead

Premium Pilot
Reactions
It seems to me that most enterprise drone work can be done without OOP or OOMV other than transitional overflights which are legal as I understand the new regs.
What say you?

I have been doing Commercial work for years and to be honest OOP hasn't been an issue at all. That's not the case for some but we just don't do it.

Reactions: EagleHead
That make a lot of sense. I am thinking that there is plenty to do without getting into it.
Thank you for your experienced comment.

It seems to me that most enterprise drone work can be done without OOP or OOMV other than transitional overflights which are legal as I understand the new regs.
Like Al, OOP and OOMV has never really been an issue for me. And I've been doing this since 2014.

But transitional OOP and OOMV are still illegal unless you are flying a Category 1 drone.

Just a point of clarification.

What say you?

I was asking about OOP needs a couple months ago. One 107 pilot responded here or on commercialpilots that construction progress photos would be easier if they didn’t have to wait for the end of the workday.

Sports - another area for OOP.

Actual cinematography for films that require crowd scene aerials. That one seems further off, more likely to be accessible with waivers. Cinematographers want their preferred cam in the air, which won’t play well with manufacturers’ certification of Cat 2 and 3 aircraft. Speculating there…

Reactions: EagleHead

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18