DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions on which drone to buy

jermck

Reactions
I use my drone for roof inspections. To get the close up photos I need I have to turn off obstacle avoidance which has caused me problems a couple of times. I would like to purchase a drone with zoom capability allowing me to leave the obstacle avoidance turned on. I currently own the Air 2s, RC Pro, RC and the N1. I am looking at the Mavic 3 Pro and the Air 3. It seems the Mavic 3 Pro would be the no brainer with me owning the RC Pro but I would be looking at twice the cost of the Air 3. Also, I do not know if the 3x on the Air 3 will be enough for the close ups I need. I am willing to spend the money if the 3 Pro is the way I need to go. Helpful opinions appreciated.

Reactions: Frank Dracman
Air 3 all the way. For façade/roof inspection it is excellent. The 3X zoom is huge. The flight dynamic ls excellent as well the the 360x180 obstacle avoidance.

As the Mavic 3 seems to have disappeared from the stores, just pick the Pro or a second hand Mavic 3. With the pro you'll have the advantage of having three optics.

Either one would work well for you.

If you're open to used, consider a Mavic 2 Zoom. When shooting 1080p, it has a 2x optical zoom followed by an additional 3x digital zoom. When shooting 4K, it only offers digital zoom.

If you're open to used, consider a Mavic 2 Zoom. When shooting 1080p, it has a 2x optical zoom followed by an additional 3x digital zoom. When shooting 4K, it only offers digital zoom.
I researched the M2P and M2Z before buying the M2P. My research found that the M2P actually provides more detail than the zoom function of the M2Z. The higher quality images captured by the M2P, when cropped/zoomed in during post contain more detail than those taken with the M2Z from the same distance.