DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orange “Gimbal overload” alert

moshik

Reactions
Hi,

During a normal flight, after a tilting the camera fully down, and trying to tilt up, the upper left green header changed to an orange color with an alert ”Gimbal overload”, and couldn't tilt up.
After turning to the home point, and switched to sport mode, the alert disappeared and returned to the normal GPS Flying mode.

Didn't see any obstacle to the gimbal that can limit its movement.
I am using PolarPro ND/PL filter that might add weight to the gimbal.
This is the second time that I fly with this filter (last time drained 4 batteries with no such issue).
I replaced the battery and took another flight, and it appears again, and switching to Sport mode” relies” the alarm.

Another fact, there was a strong wind.

Any idea?

Thanks
Moshik

The gimbal has a scratch sticker protection on top i have seen this error on my MP as well but its probably just friction due to wind towards gimbal in a spesific Angel or loose rubbers on the frame of the gimbal

Are you putting the filter on before or after you power up th Mavic? Best to put it on before you power it up.

As @Zorrobazz has said, you might also have loose bands that suspend the gimbal. If the overload message was not happening before you started using the filters, maybe somehow something got damaged after you started installing and removing the filters.

Flying in strong wind + sport mode + high speed might cause a few different error messages including gimbal overload if the gimbal is struggling against all those forces to pitch back up..

Are you putting the filter on before or after you power up th Mavic? Best to put it on before you power it up.

As @Zorrobazz has said, you might also have loose bands that suspend the gimbal. If the overload message was not happening before you started using the filters, maybe somehow something got damaged after you started installing and removing the filters.

Flying in strong wind + sport mode + high speed might cause a few different error messages including gimbal overload if the gimbal is struggling against all those forces to pitch back up..

I placed the filter when the MA was not powered and gently hold the gimbal, so no force was applied on the gimbal when removed the stock ring and placed the new filter.
As I wrote, the MA worked fine with 4 batteries (actual more than 60 min working time).

When returned to home I tried to recreate the failure, with no success.
I do noticed not a smooth movement of the gimbal time slowly tilting it up and down.
A lot of temporary stoppes.
I calibrated the gimbal (first time that I did this type of calibration).
And the stoppes disappeared, and all the pitch movement is much smoother.

The rubber bends looks ok, and without power, the movement by hand is without any issue.

I had the same warning. no filters though. went away as i was bringing it in to land. nothing since. weird

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980