Join Us Now

Ordered a DJI Avata 2 Fly More Combo

MotoSavy

Part 107 Remote Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
proviewdrones.com
Yesterday April 11, 2024 I ordered the new Avata 2 Fly More Combo. It comes with the RC Motion 3 Controller, but I also separately ordered the FPV controller 3. It's arriving today, instead of tomorrow :)

I am new to FPV and from the reviews I’ve seen on YouTube they say that for new FPV pilots, it is easier to learn with the Motion 3 controller, but to go into manual mode, which I won’t do for a while, you need the FPV controller.

Both the googles and motion controller are compatible with my Air3 and Mini 4 Pro.

I wonder if the controller from the Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro will work with it? The DJI FPV Remote Controller was an extra $199. I could return it without opening it if my existing controllers will work.

They are all OC 4. I wonder if they do work, and if I will lose any functionality. I get the Avata 2 on Saturday and the FPV Controller won't arrive for close to a week.

Anyone have the DJI RC 2 controllers for the Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro. The ones with the built in screen and hhas any one tried using the RC 2 Controller with the Avata 2. I know we have a few YouTube content creators that had early access to the Avata 2, maybe one of then has tried.

Looking forward to trying FPV! Unfotunately looks like strong winds for all of next week. So I may just have to fly indoors.

Last edited:
The recent sw update to the RC2 added support for the Goggles 3 but does not mention being compatible with the Avata 2, only compatible with the Mini 4 Pro and Air 3. It is unlikely you will be able to use the RC2 to fly your Avata 2 in manual mode. Welcome to the FPV club!

Reactions: MotoSavy
The recent sw update to the RC2 added support for the Goggles 3 but does not mention being compatible with the Avata 2, only compatible with the Mini 4 Pro and Air 3. It is unlikely you will be able to use the RC2 to fly your Avata 2 in manual mode. Welcome to the FPV club!
Thank You. Looking forward to joining the FPV club. Last weekend I attended the South Florida Drone Meetup In Jensen Beach Florida.

People from all of the USA, Canada and other countries attended.

I saw a decent amount of people flying FPV and got the bug to get one. One actually almost collided with my Air 3. I saw it up in the air doing stunts and decided to bring my Air 3. It suddenly did a 180 and missed me by what seemed inched.

Had we collided, bit drone would have been lost since we were flying over water. The first thing the guy asked, was did you get that on video, to which I replied no.

And he said, remember ABC. Always Be Creating Content. I had been talking to people and forgot to turn on my screen recording or we could've had great footage if it.

I spoke to a lot of FPV pilots that day and what got me interested.

Spoke a lot to this guy. He builds his own FPV and build then waterproof and was actually swooping down inti the water. He has more content and you can also follow on Facebook. He was great that that I got along with real good.

A possibly meaningless comment by Nurk's YT review of the Avata 2 was controlling the M4P with the FPV RC3. It was offhand, so might have been a mistake.

But it did catch my attention...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt