DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pal vs Ntsc

jimmylee

Reactions
Hi guys

I am currently shooting in pal 4k 25fps in Singapore and will be filming in Norway next week.

I was thinking what the impact will be if I switch to Ntsc and make use of the 30fps? Trying to take advantage of the slightly higher frame rate.

I will be shooting and posting in youtube etc. I heard that will some flickering light issue. Will it be a case for the scenario above?

Jim

Hi guys

I am currently shooting in pal 4k 25fps in Singapore and will be filming in Norway next week.

I was thinking what the impact will be if I switch to Ntsc and make use of the 30fps? Trying to take advantage of the slightly higher frame rate.

I will be shooting and posting in youtube etc. I heard that will some flickering light issue. Will it be a case for the scenario above?

Jim
Generally, PAL is restricted to 25 fps because the power line frequency is 50 Hz. If you were to use 30 fps, you will likely see light flickering when recording artificially lit areas. NTSC, which uses 30 fps was designed in a country where the power line frequency is 60 Hz. So I would stick with PAL.

I don't think you'll see any problems, I use NTSC and 30 fps all the time on Gopro as well as phantom/Mavic.(in a PAL region)
I feel 30fps is noticeably smoother - well it is because there's significantly more frames in each second.

I don't think you'll see any problems, I use NTSC and 30 fps all the time on Gopro as well as phantom/Mavic.(in a PAL region)
I feel 30fps is noticeably smoother - well it is because there's significantly more frames in each second.

Even in artificial lighting?

filming in NTSC as well for the higher framerates. No issues at al with artificial lighting. Ik believe I have set the anti-flickering option for 50Hz. I live in a 50Hz area btw.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind