DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panoramas with tele lens?

Panorama studio pro stitched them. Trying to figure out how to get Facebook to post it. Thanks.
Excellent. You might need to expand the canvas in Photoshop to a full 360x180 by cloning in a ceiling and/or reduce the image size to conform to Facebook's 360 pano requirements.

Also, try this:

I have heard that with the latest update, that 3X is now available for panoramic mode. I will check out tonight after work.
It's always been easy to use that camera for panoramas without an automated function.
Here's a 5-image vertical panorama I shot manually last week:
23-34a-X4.jpg

I tried it tonight and it switched back to 24mm when I entered panoramic mode. I am sure I can manually shoot and allow 33 percent overlap and then purchase software to photostich. But, I heard through the grapevine that it will be available to use the 3X while using panoramic. But apparently not yet.

The Air 3 has a huge opportunity in my opinion and that is to use the tele lens to do high res mosaics but as I understand it there is no auto pano mode using the tele lens only the wide?

Imagine if you could do a bank of images using the tele lens and stitch those to form a single image? Wow what quality that would be and in something a lot cheaper than the Mavic 3.

I guess you can achieve the effect manually but not as convenient, one day maybe...
This is something I do regularly, but not with the air 3: my weapon of choice is my Mavic 2 zoom, which has a 2X optical zoom so it's the same principle as your air 3's 77mm equiv. camera.

Didn't spot what your editing hardware was, but mine's a windows PC. I use a little bit of fluff named Microsoft ICE v.2, which ignoring the occasional hiccough that can usually be rectified by re-running the analysis & compositing routine over from scratch: the results for both simple and complex pano's are frankly jaw dropping.

Used to use the grand-daddy of the Pano stitchers: Hugin which is an astonishing piece of software, but very 'geeky' to get your head round, long-winded and pretty involved as a workflow. I switched to ICE v.2 as an auto-stitcher because it is accurate enough for a compulsive perfectionist (that'll be me then) and fast with a capital 'F'.

I tried it tonight and it switched back to 24mm when I entered panoramic mode. I am sure I can manually shoot and allow 33 percent overlap and then purchase software to photostich. But, I heard through the grapevine that it will be available to use the 3X while using panoramic. But apparently not yet.
If the algorithm is the same as the 70mm spherical pano on the Mavic 3 Pro, it takes over 4 minutes to shoot one, and still doesn’t stitch them in camera, forcing you to do that on your own. There is only a mild increase in resolution over the 24mm spherical pano, which shoots the images and also stitches them into a HiRes 75MB jpg in under 75 seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem