DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload impact on battery life of Mini 2

raymairjr

Reactions
Hi All - Does anyone know if there is a maximum payload rating for the Mini 2? I don't see one in the manual.

Has anyone put together a chart of payload weights and impact on battery life?

My Mini 2 arrived Wed, 12/30, my batteries are charged, getting ready to connect and turn everything on for my first ever drone flight. Have been practicing on my Realflight 9.5 simulator. I registered with FAA last night because I have accessories coming that will put me over 250grams. Figured if we have to have license ID by 2023, that I might as well register, start working on Recreational part 107 to become a better pilot.

Will let everyone know how the maiden voyage goes. Will hit 32 F today and not much wind, will try flying off the lake ice for first time, jo obstructions.

any additional weight will have an impact on battery life ,during flight,not just the weight of the payload but also the added drag ,prop guards have a profound effect on the drones ability in wind, and in the case of the MM, they automatically put the drone into payload mode ,which prohibits height and distance parameters, dont own a Mini2 ,so cant comment if the guards have the same impact

Hi All - Does anyone know if there is a maximum payload rating for the Mini 2? I don't see one in the manual.

Has anyone put together a chart of payload weights and impact on battery life?

My Mini 2 arrived Wed, 12/30, my batteries are charged, getting ready to connect and turn everything on for my first ever drone flight. Have been practicing on my Realflight 9.5 simulator. I registered with FAA last night because I have accessories coming that will put me over 250grams. Figured if we have to have license ID by 2023, that I might as well register, start working on Recreational part 107 to become a better pilot.

Will let everyone know how the maiden voyage goes. Will hit 32 F today and not much wind, will try flying off the lake ice for first time, jo obstructions.

There is a Weight test done by Zeus in this thread we made. At that time there was an issue with the Senors and the Update has fixed that issue.

any additional weight will have an impact on battery life ,during flight,not just the weight of the payload but also the added drag ,prop guards have a profound effect on the drones ability in wind, and in the case of the MM, they automatically put the drone into payload mode ,which prohibits height and distance parameters, dont own a Mini2 ,so cant comment if the guards have the same impact
Thank you for the input

Reactions: old man mavic
The amount of weight it can take depends of the state of charge ( SoC ) of the battery. A guy in a local facebook forum hooked a spring scale to the bottom of the Mini 1 to measure how much force is needed to pull the craft down. Results :

97% battery ~130g
45% battery ~80g
18% battery ~55g

Bear in mind that this does not represent the weight that can be put onto the craft because power need be reserved for flying and stabilization.

The figures for the Mini 2 may differ a bit but the dependence on the SoC should be there.

What exactly are you adding to increase the weight?
BTW, you don’t need someone else’s chart, just do it and make your own chart up, you’re the only one who knows what you’re doing, how high, how far, why and what you want to achieve in a single flight?

if the priority is the need to carry the accessories you may need to use a bigger drone, if the priority is to use the mm2 use what you can to achieve in practice.

Fascinated to hear how you get on ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor