DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PGYTECH ND Filter

alphabravo

Reactions
Hi,

I am a new Mavic Air user. Would like to ask if anyone has experience with PGYTECH ND filters for the Mavic Air? I know that PolarPro has the best ND filters but the shops around here don't seem to sell the standard PolarPro ND filters I'm looking for.

Thanks!

I know that PolarPro has the best ND filters but the shops around here don't seem to sell the standard PolarPro ND filters I'm looking for.
If Amazon is an option for you, it's a great place to buy Mavic Air filters. Here are the Mavic Air filter sets PolarPro is currently selling on Amazon:
If you're not in the US, another option would be to buy filters directly from the PolarPro website. They do ship internationally.

Last edited:
If Amazon is an option for you, it's a great place to buy Mavic Air filters. Here are the Mavic Air filter sets PolarPro is currently selling on Amazon:
If you're not in the US, another option would be to buy filters directly from the PolarPro website. They do ship internationally.

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I need the filters urgently as I'm flying off in a few days time, and so the filters won't come in time if I were to order them online.

Any experience with PGYTECH ND filters?

Any experience with PGYTECH ND filters?
I haven't had the chance to try the PGYTECH Mavic Air filters yet. I have PGYTECH filters for other DJI drones. They are made well and have always worked well.

Reactions: FL1H1
I haven't had the chance to try the PGYTECH Mavic Air filters yet. I have PGYTECH filters for other DJI drones. They are made well and have always worked well.

Thanks!

I now have 3 options available:

(1) PolarPro 4 8 16
(2) PGY Tech 4 8 16 32
(3) DJI ND filters 4 8 16

(1) is the most expensive, followed by (2) and (3).

Which would you guys recommend? Is it worth getting the PolarPro even if that means I won't get the ND 32?

Which would you guys recommend? Is it worth getting the PolarPro even if that means I won't get the ND 32?
You could always buy an ND32 separately if needed.

Last edited:
even if that means I won't get the ND 32?

You didn't mention your flying environment, if it is very bright and sunny, snow, lot of water or ice then a 32 could help a lot (or a must). That or get quite friendly with your photo modification program.

If you didn't have time to order off internet your window may have already closed. Let us see your pics when you get next to some Wi-Fi. Nest of luck

IMG_20180519_092554186_LL.jpg IMG_20180519_092449723.jpg

I received my PGYTECH filters a few days ago and I have not had the time to try them out yet. I like the box though. It has room for two extra filters and the box fits perfectly in my bag, protecting the controller sticks. The lid is magnetic and sticks to the bottom of the box which I think is rather convenient.

My argument was the price. I mean I fly the MA which is a UAV for recreational use IMO. I edit my videos in iMovie and post them on Instagram. I don't think my followers (friends and family) would experience much of a difference compared to PolarPro filters.

Polars only. Don’ buy an expensive drone and worry about a sub 100 set of filters. You can cheap out pretty much everywhere else but polars are top notch.

Polars only. Don’ buy an expensive drone and worry about a sub 100 set of filters. You can cheap out pretty much everywhere else but polars are top notch.
FWIW, it would also be important to note you've only ever tried PolarPro filters. If you have no experience with other brands, assuming all other brands are junk is not really helping members in this forum.

FWIW, my concern when buying filters was impact to the drone and quality. It’s a different conversation than it is with something like a mount or landing pad.

In my conscience, i can’t say go ahead with the off-brands from amazon/China to a new user. Polar was very clear it’s development to not impact the gimbal motor, pass checks and likelihood more to get support if anything was faulty. The quality and rep of These cats is a bonus. Now, would you recommend $20 filter set to a new user in confidence it won’t f-up anything? You may, I won’t.

would you recommend $20 filter set to a new user in confidence it won’t f-up anything?
For sure! I've tried other commonly used brands and most work just as well as PolarPro filters. They don't impact the gimbal motor, prevent checks from passing, etc. Check out the reviews for other brands. Many are positive.

Long term? So all these brands you feel will support you if the gimbal is damaged over
Time?

So all these brands you feel will support you if the gimbal is damaged over Time?
Got a link to a single case where someone damaged their gimbal with an ND filter?

Bud this is easy. Dig. Besides an example link think of this. The gimbal motor is built to spec for a reason, f-with that weight or size and over time it will damage it. The threads in the gimbal are fragile, imperfections in the manufacturing process can ruin them. All QA issues that you get outside of a real company.

A basic read that won’t find for polar.
Link

I can see this is going nowhere fast, so I'll have to let it go at that. I just wanted to make it known that you haven't tried the other filter brands that you've been recommending everyone not use in many threads lately. Assuming and preaching that all products you haven't tried are bad is not very helpful to anyone.

I’m not paid nor have I received anything from them. My goal as a newbie was to ensure the longevity of the gimbal and provide the best quality to my shots. I researched the hell out of filters and the answer cane back the same. Ultimately, newbies can do as they please but I certainly didn’t want a post like is seen above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857