DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom to Mavic - From Metropolitan Detroit

SkyWay Weezel

Reactions
Hi All!

I previously used Phantom drones and now I'm very excited to move to a Mavic especially with the new Mavic 3. Love the portability and new tech in the Mavic 3. Get up and running in no time! I am from the Metro Detroit area in Michigan and looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing where you are all from.

Take care and fly safe!

Hello from the Crossroads of America SkyWay Weezel.

If you haven't done it yet, swing by the FAA and register the aircraft.

You should take the TRUST test and keep a copy with you when you fly.

It's a free, no fail test that's easy to take.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. 😎

All set on both! Thanks for the info though!

Welcome to the Mavic world. I also experienced the transition from Phantom to Mavic. It's for sure a pleasant one. Mavic 3 gives you the same feel of safety when flying it. If you happen to look for a case to store and carry it, feel free to check our M320 hard case.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! 🙂 Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

I previously used Phantom drones and now I'm very excited to move to a Mavic especially with the new Mavic 3.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar.

Yu wrote that you previously used a Phantom and things may have changed since you last flew so there are a couple of Legal Things you will need to do…

If you have not already done so, you will need to get your TRUST Certificate. You can get that at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…) . Your Drone weighs less than 250-grams (0.55 pounds) and if you are flying under The Exception for Recreational Flyers, you are not required to register your Drone.

I registered my Mini 2 because the TRUST Certificate and FAA Registration established me as a "certified" Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Flyer.

But just in case, here is the link to the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…)

Link to the FAADroneZone (Optional for Drones under 250-Grams…)

If you are considering acquiring your Part 107 License, here is a link to get you going…

Since you live in Michigan, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check the link below for all the Rules and Laws that are in effect in your neck of the woods and it also links you to some of the Best Places to Fly in your area… Also, if you travel on vacation, visit friends, and relatives in other parts of the country, check back here so you do not run afoul of the law.

Enjoy that new drone it is not anything like your old Phantom…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 3 Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…

Hi All!

I previously used Phantom drones and now I'm very excited to move to a Mavic especially with the new Mavic 3. Love the portability and new tech in the Mavic 3. Get up and running in no time! I am from the Metro Detroit area in Michigan and looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing where you are all from.

Take care and fly safe!
Welcome to the forum from the Texas Gulf Coast and happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13