DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phanton 4 no longer supported by Dji.

One thought would be they have moved on to new production and don’t have the time and or manpower to continue monitoring that old( but well built)model.

I wonder if they will do repairs at that point. My even earlier Phantom sites lonely in the closet. Even Nostagia doesn't get it out and I'm sure the batteries are long dead...

Just moved.

So the P3 was unearthed in its gray, styrofoam case. Gonna pull it out and see if I can charge any batteries and fly it when the rain clears... if any battery will charge. 'Been probably 5 years or more.

I still fly my P4Pv1. Rock solid and takes great photos and video! If I were to upgrade I would sell my Mavic Pro with a huge 'fly more' package.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It basically means that no more updates are going to be released for that drone, and no more official batteries/parts are going to be manufactured.

Just moved.

So the P3 was unearthed in its gray, styrofoam case. Gonna pull it out and see if I can charge any batteries and fly it when the rain clears... if any battery will charge. 'Been probably 5 years or more.

Here's how bad my memory's gotten.

I have a P4, not a P3 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, opened the box, 2 of 3 batteries were showing 2½ lights, like they were sitting at 50% where they should be, but after more than 5 years. No way!

The battery in the drone was dead. Charger wasn't in the box, can't find it (lots of unpacking left). May have been lost at this point, might have to get a replacement.

However, when I put either of the two supposedly 50% batteries in and try to turn it on, only the battery module powers up... P4 is dead.

So, I guess I'm gonna toss $35 down the hole and replace my charger if I can't find it as we finish unpacking. I gotta fly this baby!

In the mean time, I'll satisfy my need for nostalgia by taking the Air 1 out and play with hand gestures a bit 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
P4P great for high winds flying (that's what I tell myself).
If unsupported then no more software upgrades (thank goodness). Parts for most of the older DJI seem to be available across the internet.
Support for most problems generally available through this forum.
BUT on the bright side you can use the non-support as an excuse to purchase a newer model.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming