DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone cable

leesmavic

Reactions
My biggest complaint about MP besides making me a nervous pilot due to all these stories of compass issues, flyaways etc. is the cable to connect my phone. I absolutely hate to put my phone in the controller. Struggle every time. My phone is a bit thicker than DJI expects a phone to be I guess, but the issue is with the connector. I have to open the RC wide, struggle to connect the phone while not dropping the phone or RC itself, then fit it between RC arms. I've seen some magnetic mods on Chinese sites. They are made for easier charging. When there is a plug in the phone and a magnetic cable that gets pulled to that plug on proximity. Wouldn't that be a great mod?
Do you guys have any issues with connecting your phones or is it just me?
cea0295ddfa2bf75ddd737cca800f358.jpg

Sent from my XT1572 using MavicPilots mobile app

Considering that particular ad is showing a lightning cable while touting compatibility with Android I would not necessarily trust them.

Also, considering the USB C cable snafus that have been happening, I'm a bit leery of dealing with sketchy Overseas sites for USB-C cables of any kind.

Last edited:
Biggest problem I could see if you get one of these is got a magnet in it and that will mess up the compass calibration

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I have 2 of these magnetic cables and have found them
unreliable for charging and even though they advertise a strong magnet, they disconnect fairly easily. I think they need more time to mature in the marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: leesmavic
I have 2 of these magnetic cables and have found them
unreliable for charging and even though they advertise a strong magnet, they disconnect fairly easily. I think they need more time to mature in the marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yikes, sounds like one bump and you are disconnected?.... too scary for me...

I put the stock cable first into my iPhone6s+ with a slim case on. Then I wrap the arms of the remote controller around it. One last check if all sits tight and the lightning plug is still connected.

I put the stock cable first into my iPhone6s+ with a slim case on. Then I wrap the arms of the remote controller around it. One last check if all sits tight and the lightning plug is still connected.
Marco, do you have the connector sitting in that sliding cradle in the left arm of the controller or do you have it hanging out of it? I have to push it with one hand from the outer side of the arm while putting phone on to that connector with the other hand. I really don't like this process.
One other thing that a perfectionist in me does not like is that in the result of wrapping those arm around the phone is not centered 9 out of 10 times.

Sent from my XT1572 using MavicPilots mobile app

I would keep these well away from the controller as the magnets can have influence on the Hall Effect pots in the controller (not the compass as mentioned).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead