DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos aren't crisp

kcoleman805

Reactions
Today I got a few photos printed from some drone shots. Overall from a distance they look pretty good, but when you get closer they aren't crisp at all. Tress and bushes run together, and things aren't crisp. How do I change this? Does shooting in RAW help with that? What settings should I use to help with making photos more crisp and beautiful?
cdc8bff73505af190e69512300ff23b2.jpg
f4af3d065e6f72c6e9d2883bd621e2aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Do you have the photos on a computer?

Here are the originals.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3949.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
I took a look at img_3889. There are a few issues which jump out. 1) with the small camera sensor and small lens, any printed photo from the Mavic's camera is basically going to suck. 2) In the image's metadata, the aperture is wide open at f/2.2. So your depth of field (focal point) is going to be shallow. Meaning, not much will be in perfect focus. The camera's sensor actually helped out with this, as small sensors are crummy at creating bokah (blur) outside of their focal point. 3) The main observatory building is over exposed. See how it's bleached out - showing pure white on the left side, without any details, and really bleached whites throughout? Exposure wise, the image just isn't in good shape. However, the focus point of the roofing tiles on the main building is better in the original, than it is in the print that you took photos of. I can't say if the camera you used to shoot the prints was in focus... If so, you are correct - the prints are out of focus. How large is the printed image of the observatory? Being that the original image is only 72dpi (dots per inch) you don't have a lot of room for blowing these up past the size of a postcard, before focal issues start to creep in.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan