DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Pleasant Mountain Maine

Awesome video!

Reactions: Old Glory
Wow, that is a nice drone for your first! I loved the image quality and my not quite as old as Dale ears, enjoyed the music. 😂 I am sure you will progress with smoother scenes and transitions. Please keep sharing!

Yeah, I am not a fan of the music but I’m an old foggie too. Lovely colours and scenery. My first video attempt was nowhere near as good as yours. The smoother operation of the gimble will come with practice. Sometimes with videos I am enjoying a scene and anticipating where it’s heading and it jumps to somewhere else. The jumping from scene to scene can sometimes happen too quickly and can sometimes appear as if it’s a way of trying different editing techniques for the scene transition. That’s just my opinion but I enjoyed watching ( with the sound turned down to about 3 ) Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the music but I’m an old foggie too. Lovely colours and scenery. My first video attempt was nowhere near as good as yours. The smoother operation of the gimble will come with practice. Sometimes with videos I am enjoying a scene and anticipating where it’s heading and it jumps to somewhere else. The jumping from scene to scene can sometimes happen too quickly and can sometimes appear as if it’s a way of trying different editing techniques for the scene transition. That’s just my opinion but I enjoyed watching ( with the sound turned down to about 3 ) Thanks for sharing.
Sorry to have been harsh on the film but I reasoned that since it was announced as a first video, the pilot is trying to improve his video skills too. We all get caught up in our flying and of course it takes a few moments to get situated in the filming site. We all do our little adjustments of the view and the gimbal. But these need to be excised, or edited out for the smoothness of the video and for continued watching of the viewer.

Dale

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I am hoping things will smooth out with more practice. I am still figuring things out concerning flying, camera skills, and editing.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I am hoping things will smooth out with more practice. I am still figuring things out concerning flying, camera skills, and editing.
Old Glory- we all go through our own learning curve, and part of mine was to not only improve my flying (which never ends), and then eliminating the gimbal wiggles and orientation adjustments while we are lining up our shot. There is nothing to be gained by including these corrections in the final video. Removing them in editing will improve the flow of your story and shorted your video to a point where more people will stay on your film a few moments longer.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_