DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please no, not another misaligned main sensor

That's terrible. My first M3Pro has little blur on the right of the center, the other one has it on the whole bottom. The third a little, little bit on the right top but it is ok enough for me to stick with it.
How did you check the image, if there are any blurred zones? Just with an aerial photo?
Yes they took few aerial images so I stacked them in PS as layers. I applied rule of thirds grid and turned off layer by layer ( image by image ) and the blurry spot was always in the same place almost at the crossing of those lines.
They sent jpegs yesterday which are oversharpened by the internal drone processing which made it hard to spot. Today I received DNGs from 2nd flight and YIP, same spot is blurry.

So people who will have no chance to send it for a replacement to DJI are basically doomed? I mean people who will buy it from the available country and use it where DJI has no presence officially.

Yes they took few aerial images so I stacked them in PS as layers. I applied rule of thirds grid and turned off layer by layer ( image by image ) and the blurry spot was always in the same place almost at the crossing of those lines.
They sent jpegs yesterday which are oversharpened by the internal drone processing which made it hard to spot. Today I received DNGs from 2nd flight and YIP, same spot is blurry.
Which service repair center take the time to check first? They would be amazing...
I never heard about it, i think they only replace it for a another refurbished one and then you may check yourself.

Which service repair center take the time to check first? They would be amazing...
I never heard about it, i think they only replace it for a another refurbished one and then you may check yourself.
EU one... I thought they never do that. After sending my first replacement I was told it will be repaired but I received a phone call and they said its a new drone and asked what was wrong with the replacement, as the new one is in the middle of testing. After explaining what is the issue for the first time someone from DJI told me its not normal. Then I received photographs via email. Which Im happy they did as I will not accept this unit either as it has the same issues.

I was never offered replacement as a solution though.
Twice when I was in contact with DJI regarding this, they told me its how AF works and explained plane of focus ( which is not relevant to this problem ). Then after sending more pictures and a few more conversations they decided it might require replacement. Maybe that why someone pointed out it might be a good thing to test it before sinding another one... IDK to be honest.
At this stage I dont care what they do, repair or replace. I want something that performs its functions as it should.

EU one... I thought they never do that. After sending my first replacement I was told it will be repaired but I received a phone call and they said its a new drone and asked what was wrong with the replacement, as the new one is in the middle of testing. After explaining what is the issue for the first time someone from DJI told me its not normal. Then I received photographs via email. Which Im happy they did as I will not accept this unit either as it has the same issues.

I was never offered replacement as a solution though.
Twice when I was in contact with DJI regarding this, they told me its how AF works and explained plane of focus ( which is not relevant to this problem ). Then after sending more pictures and a few more conversations they decided it might require replacement. Maybe that why someone pointed out it might be a good thing to test it before sinding another one... IDK to be honest.
At this stage I dont care what they do, repair or replace. I want something that performs its functions as it should.
Where in the EU did you send it to? Most goes to Nuth, Netherlands. I have a mate who is working inside a repair point (also other devices like phones) and he said they never fly with it, so you got a bunch of luck. 😃 They check the outside of the drone, put it on and read the passed error codes. Mostly they just replace the whole drone with a refurbished or new one. That was what he said.

Where in the EU did you send it to? Most goes to Nuth, Netherlands. I have a mate who is working there and he said they never fly with it. They check the outside of the drone, put it on and read the passed error codes. Mostly they just replace the whole drone with a refurbished or new one.
Same place, well, they did in this case apparently.

Here are some example images from what my Mavic 3 Pro had. This is as far as i know, not normal.
See link: jpg: DJIBLUR1.jpg and 3 other files
Oh and by the way. I was told twice its ''Completely normal phenomenon''
''Thank you for getting back to us and we appreciate the photos you shared. As per checking with our team as they carefully reviewed the photos, this is within the normal range. The camera will focus when taking pictures, and the focus will automatically adjust the focal length based on the distance measured by the focus point.

After the adjustment is complete, objects at the appropriate distance will be clear while those at other distances will be slightly blurred. This is a normal phenomenon, we suggest that you keep the intended subject/area within shooting range, and make sure it is well focused.

We understand that this is the reason you send the drone to us for replacement, since this is on a normal range and our Engineers didn't detect any issue on the camera, replacing it again will only have the same result. ''

Only after actually talking and explaining this on the phone, someone said its not as it should be. Which we already knew.

Oh and by the way. I was told twice its ''Completely normal phenomenon''
''Thank you for getting back to us and we appreciate the photos you shared. As per checking with our team as they carefully reviewed the photos, this is within the normal range. The camera will focus when taking pictures, and the focus will automatically adjust the focal length based on the distance measured by the focus point.

After the adjustment is complete, objects at the appropriate distance will be clear while those at other distances will be slightly blurred. This is a normal phenomenon, we suggest that you keep the intended subject/area within shooting range, and make sure it is well focused.

We understand that this is the reason you send the drone to us for replacement, since this is on a normal range and our Engineers didn't detect any issue on the camera, replacing it again will only have the same result. ''

Only after actually talking and explaining this on the phone, someone said its not as it should be. Which we already knew.
And now you have also a good example without any distortion or blurred zones? DJI is holding the hand to your face till you push it further to replace it.

And now you have also a good example without any distortion or blurred zones? DJI is holding the hand to your face till you push it further to replace it.
No, Im still waiting for their responce on my email pointing out the drone they tested have the same issue.

Reactions: Darkabaz
As this would be a 7th unit from EU Centre I requested a refund. DJI said they cant refund me as the drone was bought in a store here in Ireland so they will replace it once again. At this stage I lost hope tbh and I will probably sell this new unit just to get back some of the money.
On the other hand Mavic 3 Pro has everything I need so its a tough decision.
Im waiting now to ship my replacement back again to DJI.

As this would be a 7th unit from EU Centre I requested a refund. DJI said they cant refund me as the drone was bought in a store here in Ireland so they will replace it once again. At this stage I lost hope tbh and I will probably sell this new unit just to get back some of the money.
On the other hand Mavic 3 Pro has everything I need so its a tough decision.
Im waiting now to ship my replacement back again to DJI.
So you got a 7th replacement unit?? 7th? 😱 that is shocking.
i got my unit also send back last week, but now they told me that this is normal and did not found any issue. Strange enough! Because it is blur on some details clearly. I think they lose credits for their customers now? Maybe we ask too much, and that is not so good news.

So you got a 7th replacement unit?? 7th? 😱 that is shocking.
i got my unit also send back last week, but now they told me that this is normal and did not found any issue. Strange enough! Because it is blur on some details clearly. I think they lose credits for their customers now? Maybe we ask too much, and that is not so good news.
We dont expect to much. My previous Mavic 3 with what it looks like same Main Camera setup was perfect. Also few other people had few replacements and finally got a good units as I saw raw files from them.
My latest replacement was very bad, blurry almost in the centre. Bad luck I guess.

We dont expect to much. My previous Mavic 3 with what it looks like same Main Camera setup was perfect. Also few other people had few replacements and finally got a good units as I saw raw files from them.
My latest replacement was very bad, blurry almost in the centre. Bad luck I guess.
And they replace without any issue all the 7 times? For me it took now several days eveything is slow this time. They have checked it twice and ask me now for photo samples with issue going on. They upload their test photos but quality is so bad as a Nokia 3310 camera 🤣
So i will wait, again.... again.... and again

And they replace without any issue all the 7 times? For me it took now several days eveything is slow this time. They have checked it twice and ask me now for photo samples with issue going on. They upload their test photos but quality is so bad as a Nokia 3310 camera 🤣
So i will wait, again.... again.... and again

I would give up after 7 bad units too😱. The problem for you now is that there is no guarantee that you will get a decent M3 on the first go either as I documented some time ago my woes when I went through 4 M3 units before getting a reasonably decent one. It is still not "perfect" but it is at least capable of producing acceptably sharp photos. After skilful DNG files processing good enough for my needs, anyway.
This is clearly a gamble and testimony to DJI abysmal QC and poor manufacturing standards at least when it comes to production of lenses for the M43 camera. There is no other way to see it. Sorry for your plight

I would give up after 7 bad units too😱. The problem for you now is that there is no guarantee that you will get a decent M3 on the first go either as I documented some time ago my woes when I went through 4 M3 units before getting a reasonably decent one. It is still not "perfect" but it is at least capable of producing acceptably sharp photos. After skilful DNG files processing good enough for my needs, anyway.
This is clearly a gamble and testimony to DJI abysmal QC and poor manufacturing standards at least when it comes to production of lenses for the M43 camera. There is no other way to see it. Sorry for your plight
Cheers buddy. What is more striking is that Mavic 3 have the same main camera setup yet again I had 2 units ( replaced do to bad motor ) were optically very decent. Mavic 3 Pro on the other hand is like a very rigged amusement park.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman