DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Which filter(s) do you most often use?

Which filter(s) do you most often use?

• ND4

• ND8

• ND16

• ND32

• ND64

• CPL

• ND4-CPL

• ND8-CPL

• ND16-CPL

• ND32-CPL

Results are only viewable after voting.
ND-32PL Polar Pro, beginning 1-2h after sunrise to 1-2h before sunset using 1080p/30fps@1/60 setting (I reside in Los Angeles, prefer my images slightly underexposed = -0.3EV)

Reactions: Gray_seagull
ND-32PL Polar Pro, beginning 1-2h after sunrise to 1-2h before sunset using 1080p/30fps@1/60 setting (I reside in Los Angeles, prefer my images slightly underexposed = -0.3EV)
Thank you for the reply. I heard some people say ND4 and ND8 filters do not really make a difference because it's really bright in the day. So I guess in most cases people would use ND16 and above.

Thank you for the reply. I heard some people say ND4 and ND8 filters do not really make a difference because it's really bright in the day. So I guess in most cases people would use ND16 and above.

1h before sunset: ND-16PL
1/2h " " ND-8PL
Sunset ND-4PL
NIght Switch from Manual to Auto, no filter

Reactions: frank candor
Live in Australia near Perth. Just coming out of summer now but still expect to use ND 32 for most of the year. Clear cloudless skys are the norm here.

Even wondering about gettng a ND64.

Reactions: daisy-girl
Live in Australia near Perth. Just coming out of summer now but still expect to use ND 32 for most of the year. Clear cloudless skys are the norm here.

Even wondering about gettng a ND64.

If ever I shoot at mid-day here in LA, which is VERY rare, I do need the ND64-PL to avoid burned-out highlights.