DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor photo quality

Phyrphighter

Reactions
A couple years ago I purchased a Mavic Air 2 to use in my Home Inspection Business. I was disappointed to find the the photo quality was not good for this type of work as there so many lines in the photos. I resorted to using my iPhone to get better photos. The Mavic 2 has benn unused other than a handful of flights to try to get decent pictures with it. Is there a drone out there that might be able to shoot roof pictures oh homes clear enough to use for a home inspection?

The attached photo shows an example. Lines on the roof make conditions look worse than they are. Lines even show in the clouds.

Attachments

• dji_fly_2.jpg
    dji_fly_2.jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 132
Is that in every photo you take?
Can you see it in both RAW (DNG) files and JPG?
How about in video?
Have you tried another SD-card?

If yes on all these, there is something wrong with the camera. Send an example to DJI support and ask for advice.
I have seen this error before, it was a faulty camera.

Reactions: Cafguy
You arent refering to those exposer black lines in the sky are you ?
I don't think those are the zebra stripe exposure warning, it would be more of a line shape and it wouldn't be reversed out on the grass. There's definitely an issue with the camera system somewhere.

You arent refering to those exposer black lines in the sky are you ?
The illustration does not show the overexposure warning "zebra stripes", which are bold black diagonal lines.
It's a fault in the camera.

A couple years ago I purchased a Mavic Air 2 to use in my Home Inspection Business. I was disappointed to find the the photo quality was not good for this type of work as there so many lines in the photos. I resorted to using my iPhone to get better photos. The Mavic 2 has benn unused other than a handful of flights to try to get decent pictures with it. Is there a drone out there that might be able to shoot roof pictures oh homes clear enough to use for a home inspection?

The attached photo shows an example. Lines on the roof make conditions look worse than they are. Lines even show in the clouds.
My Mavic Air 2 still takes fantastic photos and video. I think you have a camera problem.....

I have an Air 2 with 3 batteries, and SYMIK case. It has flown only about an hour since purchase due to a health issue. I am considering selling it. What is it worth?

Did you take the images off of the SD card in the drone, or off of the controller? Because these look like the thumbnails from the controller. Or are they from the pics on your phone?

The Air 2 is a great little drone for what you are trying to do. But the files need to come from the sd card. If these are from the sd card, then it's a faulty camera. It should have been returned to DJI.

Reactions: Capt KO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002