DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor quality and out of focus on 3x camera

TheGroove

Reactions
I'm just now using it and realizing how bad it really is, here is a comparison between the 3x and the 7x, which is far better. I'm guessing I'll need to send it in but want to make sure I'm not missing something. Has anyone else experienced this?

3x
3x.jpeg

7x
7x.jpeg

That was the exact same problem with the one of the first firmware of the Mavic 3. After few firmware they improved the issue. Not fix but improved.

That looks pretty bad. Nothing in common with what I am getting out of my 3x.

I'm just now using it and realizing how bad it really is, here is a comparison between the 3x and the 7x, which is far better. I'm guessing I'll need to send it in but want to make sure I'm not missing something. Has anyone else experienced this?
That first shot is overexposed.
Do you have any other examples to show that the camera is consistently giving poor results?

Are all your photos with the medium tele like that?
If yes, and you use autofocus, it seems like a faulty camera.

I'm sure you have, but have you simply tried tapping on the screen to focus. I notice that when I switch back and forth between the the lenses, I have to refocus at times. I fly with focus peaking on and manual focus at all times.

If I switch lenses and I don't see the peaking, I refocus in autofocus and reset it to manual focus.

Reactions: HoozierDroneDaddy
I'm sure you have, but have you simply tried tapping on the screen to focus. I notice that when I switch back and forth between the the lenses, I have to refocus at times. I fly with focus peaking on and manual focus at all times.

If I switch lenses and I don't see the peaking, I refocus in autofocus and reset it to manual focus.
Yeah I think I need to really test this, I just figured even a little out of focus that the quality is still pretty terrible. I just updated the firmware as well and not sure it that may help.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Yeah I think I need to really test this, I just figured even a little out of focus that the quality is still pretty terrible. I just updated the firmware as well and not sure it that may help.
It is either an operator error or lens issue. The picture you posted is terribly soft and clearly not in focus. The 3x camera on this drone is sharp accross the frame.
I would suggest to first set the camera to 12MP if you have not done that already. Then if you want to use MF, set peeking to Low to be able to judge focus more accurately. (AF works pretty well for most subjects though) For shooting distant subjects simply set the MF to infinity mark ( top last bar) and that should give you good results. If the pictures still come back soft send the drone to DJI or if it is a brand new ask for a replacement

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147