DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post Crash Audible Alarm To find Drone

poak_99

Reactions
Hit a tree yesterday with my drone while testing the follow me mode. I was driving down a logging road with the drone following behind and it hit a rogue branch. Even though it was not far away it was in heavy brush. Took me about 25 minutes to find it.

Why does the drone not have an audible alarm you can activate from the app?
Is this something can be suggested for the next firmware upgrade?
Still new to the drone scene.

Thanks

Hit a tree yesterday with my drone while testing the follow me mode. I was driving down a logging road with the drone following behind and it hit a rogue branch. Even though it was not far away it was in heavy brush. Took me about 25 minutes to find it.

Why does the drone not have an audible alarm you can activate from the app?
Is this something can be suggested for the next firmware upgrade?
Still new to the drone scene.

Thanks
I thought it had a alarm in the "find my drone" feature, perhaps I am mistaken.

Oh really? Nice i'll have to check it out. to be honest I was deep in the woods and a little flustered and was worried about the drone battery dying. I guess i have to do more reading.

God i'm such a noob. Thanks. I'll do more reading and research before i ask dumb questions.

If you own an iPad w/ data capability (not sure how this works on other displays) you should leave the DJI 4 App running after the crash at some point a red arrow will blink which is overlaying a google earth map which indicates where your drone is located. This is an advantage of having a display like my iPad with Data reception capability turned on. It will also save location if your battery dies in the search and you can load a fresh battery and continue the search. I discovered this while in Iceland when a venturi effect gust of wind swept mine away. I also used it successfully on a mapping mission which was being done with buggy software, which parenthetically was updated the next day by the developer My apologies for not being more specific as I have not needed this feature for quite a while.

FIND MY DRONE - to find it open the app and on the first screen with a picture of a spark black on white BEFORE ENTERING DEVICE - on that first screen top right are 3 horizontal bars.
Tap on this menu and then go to FIND MY DRONE

Red arrow.jpg

Wow- just found that feature on my Go 4 app! This drone has not stopped impressing from the beginning. Lots more to learn about it. Thanks for sharing!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23