DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Private Drone almost caused a 'serious incident' with search helicopter

and DJI was pissed and sent them a letter demanding the producers of that video to remove it as it was false and misleading

DJI response to video

Of course they were upset.... it showed the level of damage one of THEIR aircraft could do. It also proved that a sUAS in general could damage a General Aviation Aircraft.

I read their rebuttal and to be honest it was almost comical in their mistakes and misleading comments. Instead of completely hosing this thread let's just go look at the original one on this topic and read/comment on it over there:

Drone vs. aircraft wing testing

Reactions: tleedom
I can't see how drone parts are harder, denser and more rigid than bones in a bird. After looking at some bird strike damage photos (bird vs airplane damage - Google Search) it seems they do a lot of damage too. I couldn't find any test comparing bird strike damage vs drone strike damage.
That’s in the mind of airplane owners only.
There are four small motors in a drone and a battery. The rest is either plastic housings or printed circut boards that amount to corn chips as far as a turbine is concerned.
In the ONLY video of a drone hitting a wing the accompanying text clearly says a bird of the same size made a BIGGER hole than the drone. They mention that a spar was damaged by the drone but failed to show any evidence of it or elaborate on it. Since the whole point of the test was to demonize toy aircraft. Also. In that wing video, the battery and at least one motor never made it into the wing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky