DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Probs w/ Mavic Pro Camera

jmc04ncw

Reactions
I'm a new Mavic Pro user. Received it several weeks ago as a gift. Unit flies well, but the camera does not seem to work. I have a black screen on my iPhone 7. Nothing seems to work - resetting the camera, gimbal reset, nothing turns it on. I have the latest firmware - triple checked and downloaded it recently. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

Did it ever have a picture from the camera?
Have you crashed the drone?
Do you have Refresh?
Sounds like a fracture in the wires of the gimbal lead.

If it is still in warranty I’d recommend contacting DJI about a replacement.

Hi @jmc04ncw and welcome to the forum.

Are you seeing the Go4 app on your iphone 7 but the rest of the screens black?

How are you connecting the phone to the controller? If using the bottom USB port then you need to remove the small micro usb cable from the side of the controller.

It might be as simple as that?

Reactions: AMann
Hi @jmc04ncw and welcome to the forum.

Are you seeing the Go4 app on your iphone 7 but the rest of the screens black?

How are you connecting the phone to the controller? If using the bottom USB port then you need to remove the small micro usb cable from the side of the controller.

It might be as simple as that?
^^^good advice on checking the cables as well.

If OP is not getting a good video downlink, could there be any settings that are causing the camera to be black as well? I’m thinking a little deeper settings such as video downlink frequency, etc. Luckily, if it was a recent gift, at least he has a warranty to fall back on.

Reactions: Porky
^^^good advice on checking the cables as well.

If OP is not getting a good video downlink, could there be any settings that are causing the camera to be black as well? I’m thinking a little deeper settings such as video downlink frequency, etc. Luckily, if it was a recent gift, at least he has a warranty to fall back on.

You could be right, might even be the shutter set to low hence the black screen?

As long as it wasn’t a second hand gift, warranty might have run out??

Just need the op to come back with more info now, hopefully all the questions on post #2/3/4 might help?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc