DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller inspection.

This is how they are packaged. If they are not legit I would be surprised.
the packaging does look authentic is there a serial no on the package to link them to DJI forgers are very good at fake packaging these days

when you say work as hard do you mean RPM of MA props or current draw on the battery they ,because of the increase in pitch will give more lift for a given rotational speed i would have thought
@old man mavic ... My experience with very stiff 8331 carbon-fibre [c-f] prop's showed that they have a slower rpm than stock, but the motors find it harder to turn the blades through the air. DJI stock prop's are VERY flexible in all dimensions, and tend to 'feather' into the airflow (decreasing their effective pitch as rpm increases). The c-f 8331's are stiff enough to maintain their pitch through the scope of the rpm, and consequently pull more current and flight duration is shortened. The MA prop's are made from a light-weight glass-fibre composite, and have a 4.4" pitch - which is 1.3" more than the stock - a significant % more! However, the MA's show the same rpm decrease as carbon-fibre prop's - but rather strangely, flight duration tests tend to average out to show 1 to 2 minutes more than the DJI 8331's. That's telling me that the motors are not having to pull as much current, and the batteries are lasting longer on a flight because of that. In other words, as per the MA advertising, their prop's are more efficient than the DJI stock and quiet range for the Mav' Pro.

Reactions: old man mavic
@old man mavic ... My experience with very stiff 8331 carbon-fibre [c-f] prop's showed that they have a slower rpm than stock, but the motors find it harder to turn the blades through the air. DJI stock prop's are VERY flexible in all dimensions, and tend to 'feather' into the airflow (decreasing their effective pitch as rpm increases). The c-f 8331's are stiff enough to maintain their pitch through the scope of the rpm, and consequently pull more current and flight duration is shortened. The MA prop's are made from a light-weight glass-fibre composite, and have a 4.4" pitch - which is 1.3" more than the stock - a significant % more! However, the MA's show the same rpm decrease as carbon-fibre prop's - but rather strangely, flight duration tests tend to average out to show 1 to 2 minutes more than the DJI 8331's. That's telling me that the motors are not having to pull as much current, and the batteries are lasting longer on a flight because of that. In other words, as per the MA advertising, their prop's are more efficient than the DJI stock and quiet range for the Mav' Pro.
thanks for your reply

Reactions: FoxhallGH
These props shouldn't have a moulded seam anywhere (that I can visibly see).

2002-01-01_00-00-00_3.jpg

They should be smooth with a 'F' embossed on the underside. (to the right or left of the middle catch depending on the ringed or plain)
F.png
On my stock MP not platinum they have a 'Q' emboss
You have either damaged them or they are from an underground source likely residing in Chinoi who has easy access to the Amazon chain of online reselling

Last edited:
I agree, I
i hate to spoil the party but i have just looked at my props from my mavic pro platinum they all have the same marks on the bottom of them as yours, but if you look closer they are not cracks but moulding lines from the moulding process when they were made. i checked some brand new ones as well and they are the same. in all your pics the marks are identical, and only on the surface

I agree, I just looked at my OEM Props and they have the molding marks too. I believe that is is a weak part in the propeller though

I checked my used props and compared them to OEM new ones and the have they same marks in the same place.
They are definitelyIMG_1336OEMnew.jpgIMG_1335OEMnew.jpgIMG_1334used.jpgIMG_1333used.jpg casting marks when they were made.

Reactions: JDawg
These props shouldn't have a moulded seam anywhere (that I can visibly see).

View attachment 62456

They should be smooth with a 'F' embossed on the underside. (to the right or left of the middle catch depending on the ringed or plain)
View attachment 62455
On my stock MP not platinum they have a 'Q' emboss
You have either damaged them or they are from an underground source likely residing in Chinoi who has easy access to the Amazon chain of online reselling
what mav are these props off they look different to the other pics

Right then... same boat as me.
A MP with low noise fitted.
I'm not familiar with the golds. Must have a 'W' emboss instead of 'F'
Think they are the same...I'll check it out unless someone knows better?

This set of DJI magic pro low noise blades all have cracks after normal use. I just bought a new set which are fine but I figured I would look at the old ones and see how they looked and I found cracks on all four blades. Imminent failure? Probably. Inspect everything on a regular basis that you want to keep in the air. They are all on the bottom side View attachment 62329View attachment 62329View attachment 62330View attachment 62331View attachment 62332View attachment 62332

Are the props genuine DJI?

Reactions: SpinItUp

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear