DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Q’s and A’s New Smart Controller

I bought the Skyreat ones, arrived today. They appear durable and I like how thick the lanyard is.

Reactions: philh24
I bought the Skyreat ones, arrived today. They appear durable and I like how thick the lanyard is.
Pictures of eyelets please. I’d like to see if what I saw on amazon is close to what they really are.

Attachments

• C32D4640-7295-41A8-9CD4-E8971B91CB80.jpeg
    C32D4640-7295-41A8-9CD4-E8971B91CB80.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DEFD2E83-C0FF-4B8E-B662-E65D581BA57E.jpeg
    DEFD2E83-C0FF-4B8E-B662-E65D581BA57E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
They do look a little thin on the outside edge of the hole. Probably will be fine. Just looked like the hole could be a little smaller. Just my opinion on that piece. I’m guessing that the piece that goes in the hole is how they decided what size to drill.

They do look a little thin on the outside edge of the hole. Probably will be fine. Just looked like the hole could be a little smaller. Just my opinion on that piece. I’m guessing that the piece that goes in the hole is how they decided what size to drill.

I suspect that most of the spring clips are a pretty standard "diameter" to make sure that they don't fail or flex/bend too much. I recall the hook on one of my camera case strap breaking a few years back. Looked like what we use to call "pot" metal. Just broke and you could see the crystalline structure at the break. I had to tie it to the camera case for the rest of the three week ski trip.

Yes please, do you have a part number, link to web page? was it on Amazon?

To something like this:

View attachment 61915

Just make sure to get metric 4 (I'm not sure that that means 4 mm or 4 is just a size number for a metric screw of that dimension).

(Aside: Found this in discussion on the dimension: "It’s a bit more accurate than that, everything from the diameter of the bolt without the thread, with the thread, pitch of the thread and even the shape of the thread is defined to a tolerance.

But yes, broadly, take a 4mm rod, cut a thread on it with an M4 die, and it’ll fit into an M4 hole.")

So, it has nothing to do with threads per mm or the pitch of the threads but is the diameter of the darn thing!.

Reactions: RogerMav
Ok thanks. Yes that's correct it is 4 mm with a .7 pitch.
Just make sure to get metric 4 (I'm not sure that that means 4 mm or 4 is just a size number for a metric screw of that dimension).

(Aside: Found this in discussion on the dimension: "It’s a bit more accurate than that, everything from the diameter of the bolt without the thread, with the thread, pitch of the thread and even the shape of the thread is defined to a tolerance.

But yes, broadly, take a 4mm rod, cut a thread on it with an M4 die, and it’ll fit into an M4 hole.")

So, it has nothing to do with threads per mm or the pitch of the threads but is the diameter of the darn thing!.

Starz
Do you have link for that screw? Or an official name or description that could be used for internet search? Very clean solution.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio