DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Flying in Winds

That should be just fine. It’s not going to blow away. If you get it up 200 or 300 feet and it can’t hold a hover, which is unlikely, you might stop at those altitudes. Otherwise, go for it!

The Mini 4 Pro doesn’t have the air resistance of the Air 3, but I have seen my Air 3 put itself at basically a 45° angle to hold its hover in a hella wind.
The maximum tilt angle (pitch or roll) for both the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3 is 35 degrees.

There are other factors that also affect the speed of the drone. Maximum speed is the measure of ability to move through the air mass, whether the air mass is still or moving relative to the ground.

What are your feelings about the mini 4 pro? I will be attending the solar eclipse in Texas, south of Waco is the plan. My plan is to go up to about <400ft for about 8 minutes, straight overhead, then rtn to home, IOW straight up then straight down, no distance travel at all and with the extended battery. What would you think are the wind considerations in this case? PS, new pilot.
There's something missing from the equation .... the wind strength at that location on that day.
Without knowing how strong the wind will be, there is no way to answer your questions.

The maximum tilt angle (pitch or roll) for both the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3 is 35 degrees.

There are other factors that also affect the speed of the drone. Maximum speed is the measure of ability to move through the air mass, whether the air mass is still or moving relative to the ground.
Thank you for the specs. All I can tell you is that it was very impressive to see in the sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13