DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question About Poor Pro Filters

breid

Reactions
Good morning, all! This summer I purchased the Polar Pro Mavic Cinema Series-Vivid Collection filters for use when I was filming over water. I really like the filters, but I do have a question. Do I need to purchase the Cinema Series-Shutter Collection when I am not flying over water or can I still use the ND4/PL, ND8/PL or ND16/PL? If I can use the Vivid Series, is there a certain way that I need to line up the filters onto the camera, given that there is the polarization in the lenses (which appears darker to the naked eye) and I am not too concerned with glare? Thank you in advance for your responses!!

Do I need to purchase the Cinema Series-Shutter Collection when I am not flying over water
No. You can use the same filters.

is there a certain way that I need to line up the filters onto the camera
Check out this video for examples of how the filter should be rotated before sliding it onto the camera.

Hi breid,

To add onto what msinger said, polarizer filters can be used in any scenario, not just over water or when glare is present. In addition to glare off the water, the polarizing aspect of the filter will remove less commonly mentioned types of light, such as the ambient glare created by the sky, reflected light from windows, and the light emitted by computer/TV monitors. As a side effect of this, the contrast will appear higher and the colors more saturated.

There is not one specific orientation to mount the filters in, this will vary depending on the shot and the position of the sun relative to the camera lens. For best results it's recommended to reorient before each new flight. Hope this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Reactions: Oconnb910
Since these filters do not rotate like the ones in the Phantom video, I just looked through them with the naked eye and rotated them until the majority of reflected glare was removed while in line with the sun, then marked the bottom of the filter with a marker. Then I mount them with the MP on its back and put the spot where I think it should be for the sun angle at the time.

Great! Thanks for the info everybody! I will continue to use them. I do like the way they fit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu