DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about propellers and longevity?

Rocky43

Reactions
I have used my propellers for more than a year now and they are still working fine, do I have to change to new ones sometime soon? I'm using the quieter ones for the platinum pro.

Reactions: charliej
I'm still on my original set with my MP1 - coming up to 3 years of flights.

Just make sure to inspect them regularly and any sign of wear or cracks and I'd replace them but otherwise I like to stick with a good "known" set that works.

as long as the swivel points where they fold have not become worn and the three lugs that lock them to the hub are all ok ,and there are no signs of damage to the blades themselves
then they will be fine it all depends on where you fly ,with regards to what damage that they could be subject to ,such as very dusty conditions or lots of insect hits that can damage them

I have used my propellers for more than a year now and they are still working fine, do I have to change to new ones sometime soon? I'm using the quieter ones for the platinum pro.
My Platinum ones are now two years old and look fine. I have wondered if i should change them. What are the quieter ones?

Reactions: old man mavic
FYI, Master Airscrew recommends replacing Plastic props every 500hrs. Guys at my RC field swear that plastic props should be replaced at least every 3 years due to plastic degradation, but those RC hobby planes and racing quads are much more stressful on the props and sit it direct sunlight a lot. Either way, if your props haven’t seen any undue stress, and inspections are good, I’d say your good!

As long as looks ok, no cracks, chips is ok.

My Platinum ones are now two years old and look fine. I have wondered if i should change them. What are the quieter ones?
the original platinum ones are quiet ones the MAS ones are also what they call stealth

Reactions: charliej

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky