DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about signal/antennas

MasterOfPuppets

Reactions
Hey guys,

Couple rookie questions here.

When flying, is it best to have the remote antennas fully pointed up (therefore aiming forward when flying) or have them angled so they are pointing towards the sky?

Also, watching several YouTube videos on distance tests, it makes me wonder how come when I get half mile away I really start losing bars on the signal meter? I don’t really aim for distance, as I don’t have a need to, but just the couple times I would push it out a little further is when I notice this. Makes me wonder how any of these guys can get over 2 miles with theirs.

And finally, when I flew today, it took significantly longer to get into GPS mode than it normally does. Usually it takes about a full 45 seconds, today it took about 5 minutes. Is there something I was doing wrong? And is there a minimum number of satellites it has to acquire before it can go from ATTI to GPS mode?

Thanks for all the help guys

Read the instructions... it does say when it’s flying high above the antennas should be flat pointing up and when away point towards the Drone. BBE49395-EBBC-4E93-A16E-AD59B77DFAD4.png

I’ll have to try that antenna angle today. I read the manual but not sure at all how I missed that part.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew