DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question about start up

Bogey

Reactions
Hello,

OK, so I had a cheap $99 drone and started the props by turning the two joy stick in and down at the same time.

I used this exact same procedure on my new Mavic probably 8-10 times (Had never used auto take off) Yesterday I went out to my field to practice some more and it would NOT start by turning joy sticks in and down at the same time (exactly like I've been doing it) I have NO idea why??

I did the auto take off and it worked fine and one of the times I landed, I tried moving the sticks in and down like normal and the blades started? Next time I landed, I tried it again and it wouldn't work - only auto take off was working.

Anyone have an idea?

As always, thank you!

Bogey

Hello,

OK, so I had a cheap $99 drone and started the props by turning the two joy stick in and down at the same time.

I used this exact same procedure on my new Mavic probably 8-10 times (Had never used auto take off) Yesterday I went out to my field to practice some more and it would NOT start by turning joy sticks in and down at the same time (exactly like I've been doing it) I have NO idea why??

I did the auto take off and it worked fine and one of the times I landed, I tried moving the sticks in and down like normal and the blades started? Next time I landed, I tried it again and it wouldn't work - only auto take off was working.

Anyone have an idea?

As always, thank you!

Bogey
Hmm... only thing I can think of is calibrating your RC.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Bogey and Brojon
You have to pull both joystick down and inside .. then motor will then be in idle mode and to land pull down left joystick. If you have any questions check on youtube there is plenty of answers

You have to pull both joystick down and inside .. then motor will then be in idle mode and to land pull down left joystick. If you have any questions check on youtube there is plenty of answers
He said he has been doing that but that it recently stopped working as expected.
So it's not like he doesn't know how.

Reactions: Bogey
I see this on my new Mavic as well and so far it seems to be because I am 1) still toddling around in beginner mode and 2) try to start up before I get full GPS lock. Make sure you get the "Ready to Fly" message before fiddling with the sticks.

Reactions: Iamaruffneck
I would add ready to fly, P mode with GPS lock on 10 or more sats. One time I forgot to wait and by some act bigger than me, I chased it and landed it in atti mode when it took off sideways.

Thanks guys. I believe it's still in beginner mode, but that is how I've used it since I got it, and it's always taken off with me bringing the joy sticks in and down at the same time. Oh well, I'll mess with it some more. I learn something every time I use it and I'm absolutely loving this thing!!

Oh, I do wait until it's ready to fly, but what is "P" mode? (I should probably know that....)

I'll also try that RC calibration

Reactions: wytnyt
Thanks guys. I believe it's still in beginner mode, but that is how I've used it since I got it, and it's always taken off with me bringing the joy sticks in and down at the same time. Oh well, I'll mess with it some more. I learn something every time I use it and I'm absolutely loving this thing!!

Oh, I do wait until it's ready to fly, but what is "P" mode? (I should probably know that....)

I'll also try that RC calibration
its the main mode you fly in,others are wifi,atti and beginner
im new at this likely not a complete answer

Reactions: Bogey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian