DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for Autopilot Users

FlashGJ

Reactions
After studying Flightschool and trying to wrap my head around Autopilot’s UI, I have finally flown my first mission and can say that I prefer it over Litche and feel it is by far superior.

I noticed that when a new Focus Trigger is activated the yaw and gimbal movement to the next focus point is too fast. In the settings menu there is a setting for Responsiveness under Movement Parameters and Gimbal Parameters. Will changing this slowdown the transition between focus points? If so, how many seconds seems to work best?

Reactions: GooterFly68
Have you tried "interpolation" I think it's called when moving from one focus point to the next?

Have you tried "interpolation" I think it's called when moving from one focus point to the next?
Yes, interpolation is on for each of my triggers, but the movement was still rather quick between focus points. Being a newbie with Autopilot I am not sure if there is something that is configurable that will slow it down to a pilots personnel preference.

I guess I need to dig in and play with the features more and see what I can learn from trial and error.

Maybe the focus triggers are too close together?

Or maybe the speed is too fast, I would assume you choose a slow speed for the bird

Thanks for your input. I definitely need to play with the settings and fine tune things. I don’t believe my triggers were too close and the speed was set at about 8 mph, if I remember correctly. Do you happen to know what the Responsiveness settings do exactly? I should be able to get out today or tomorrow and experiment with different settings to see if I can figure out what effect they have.

Oh that setting I had not noticed before, guess I had better take a peek lol

After studying Flightschool and trying to wrap my head around Autopilot’s UI, I have finally flown my first mission and can say that I prefer it over Litche and feel it is by far superior.

I noticed that when a new Focus Trigger is activated the yaw and gimbal movement to the next focus point is too fast. In the settings menu there is a setting for Responsiveness under Movement Parameters and Gimbal Parameters. Will changing this slowdown the transition between focus points? If so, how many seconds seems to work best?

Here you go my friend. Here’s a link explaining waypoint “Focus Trigger” interpolation. Once you figure it out it will run very smoothly for you. Also be sure to use the “Path Inspector” to run through the entire mission to see if the focus triggers are set correctly...

Here you go my friend. Here’s a link explaining waypoint “Focus Trigger” interpolation. Once you figure it out it will run very smoothly for you. Also be sure to use the “Path Inspector” to run through the entire mission to see if the focus triggers are set correctly...

Thanks for your input. I had watched that same video previously and was using interpolation in my focus points. Reviewing it again I may have messed up in the use of “previous” and “next” in my interpolation. I have edited my mission in that regards and will try flying it again to see if my results are more favorable.

Reactions: GooterFly68
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman