DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question regarding mavic 2 pro

4real

Reactions
Hello.

So I just got my new mavic 2 pro and fully charged up the battery for a flight.
My question is: when im done and put the battery on the charger which exact lights should blink on the battery for storage level until next time? I did see some picture trying to state it but it got me more confused than helping me. So please tell me how the battery should blink for storage level

I could be wrong on this as I am new to DJI but don't the DJI smart batteries self discharge to the optimum storage capacity.

I am sure someone will correct me on this if I am wrong ;)

Hello.

My question is: when im done and put the battery on the charger which exact lights should blink on the battery for storage level until next time? I did see some picture trying to state it but it got me more confused than helping me. So please tell me how the battery should blink for storage level
There is no setting on the charger for a storage level on the batteries. You could stop the charge half way through the cycle if you wanted.

I could be wrong on this as I am new to DJI but don't the DJI smart batteries self discharge to the optimum storage capacity.

I am sure someone will correct me on this if I am wrong ;)
Yes, it is possible to alter the self discharge level period within the DJI Go4 app.

Reactions: RogerMav
So I just Got back but only consumed the battery down to 49-50% so it’s fine if I storage that battery for a few days and next time I’m gonna fly I just charge it fully up again before I go out ?

Yes, it is possible to alter the self discharge level period within the DJI Go4 app.

Mike: That was true for the M1P but the same is not true of the M2 series. I believe their firmware will discharge as necessary so as to reach storage level voltage after ten days. The problem is, battery-knowledgeable folks believe that ten days is too long and that a fully-charged battery will remain at or near the hundred percent charged condition for multiple days which is not at all good for a LiPo.

Keule: You saved me the copy/paste, thanks. <grin>

Reactions: Mikero and Keule
Mike: That was true for the M1P but the same is not true of the M2 series. I believe their firmware will discharge as necessary so as to reach storage level voltage after ten days. The problem is, battery-knowledgeable folks believe that ten days is too long and that a fully-charged battery will remain at or near the hundred percent charged condition for multiple days which is not at all good for a LiPo.

Keule: You saved me the copy/paste, thanks. <grin>
I stand corrected! The Mavic 2 Series has auto discharge whereas the original Mavic Pro has a user setting. I have both the M2Pro & the MP. I also have the Phantom 4 Pro which has a charging hub which will dischage the batteries to optimum storage voltage. It would be a good thing to have this on all the chargers.

I stand corrected! The Mavic 2 Series has auto discharge whereas the original Mavic Pro has a user setting.

The Mavic 1 batteries also have auto discharge. The only difference is that on the original you can change the default period.

Hello.

I have used the DJI USB 2 port battery adapter that came with he fly more kit to bleed off some power if I run into things like weather and have a full charged cell. I don’t work about it if I know I’m going to use it in a day or 2. The jury is still out if 10 days to auto discharge is too long.

I have a handy little discharger that I bought on amazon for when weather or wind shuts me down. It has a switch on the side you can set to stop at 60%. Has worked flawlessly so far. Was like twenty something dollars.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter