DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about battery usage

erkme73

Reactions
This is really part two to my other question about having charged batteries ready to go all the time for spontaneous events.

But, since this thing is so portable, let's say you take it on a hike. Assuming you're gone for the whole day, with no way to charge the batter(ies), how would you address the "never fly on anything other than a fully charged battery" requirement?

For example, let's assume there are multiple points of interest on the hike - canyons, waterfalls, scenic overlooks, etc... Knowing that what power you have with you is finite, is it unsafe to fly in 4-6 minute intervals to save power? Each time you pull it out, your battery has less remaining capacity. Is that an issue? How do you get around that (short of carrying a half-dozen batteries)?

You could pull this off if you watch the battery voltage in the DJI GO app and take an easy when taking off and ascending. See this thread for more details about monitoring the battery voltage.

There is nothing wrong with having a few short flights, I intent to do the same when I get mine. I wouldn't let them go below 20% though.

There is nothing wrong with having a few short flights, I intent to do the same when I get mine. I wouldn't let them go below 20% though.
Percentage reading may be off if you're turning it off and then back on with a partially charged battery. Like msinger said, voltage will be a better gauge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut