DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick battery question.....

Peregrine

Reactions
Hi all

Just a quickie.... I got carried away, and charged all 3 of my batteries up in readiness for tomorrow. However, a glance at the weather forecast has made flying very doubtful. Are the batteries okay sat in a state of fully charged for a few days, or should I just hover the Mavic in the hallway and discharge them all? I used to race R/C cars many moons back, and storing charged batteries (ni-cads) was never a good idea back then, but I know that battery tech has moved on since. Any advice greatly appreciated. Apart from check the weather forecast BEFORE charging. I just learnt that one, lol :)

They discharge down to about 50% on their own after about a week. They'll be fine.

Thanks for that. Still hoping for an incorrect forecast, so I can run them down as nature intended, but that may be a tad optimistic. Much obliged :)

Hi all

Just a quickie.... I got carried away, and charged all 3 of my batteries up in readiness for tomorrow. However, a glance at the weather forecast has made flying very doubtful. Are the batteries okay sat in a state of fully charged for a few days, or should I just hover the Mavic in the hallway and discharge them all? I used to race R/C cars many moons back, and storing charged batteries (ni-cads) was never a good idea back then, but I know that battery tech has moved on since. Any advice greatly appreciated. Apart from check the weather forecast BEFORE charging. I just learnt that one, lol :)

Im another RC car guy too, and storing lipos fully charged is not a good idea. They were made to charge and go, not sit fully charged for any length of time. The backup plan that DJI came up with is if you forget to discharge, they will have you covered by allowing you to set the auto-discharge time from 1 - 10 days. But if you want them to last longer, take it into the hall and run it for 5-7 minutes. Your RC car instinct was right.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for the heads-up. I'll set the alarm for an early wake up to see if I can get out before it rains. Failing that, it's hall-hovering time ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections