DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick flight between storms

Red_Raven

Reactions
Yesterday I had to drive near Þingvellir, an Icelandic national park.
The weather was bad, it was huge winds and it was shifting between snowfall, rain and huge hail in about ten minutes periods. I had short time but we're lucky and was able to fly for few minutes in between the weather madness. But it was windy enough to make this by far the scariest fly I've done on my mavic. I'm not comfortable with to much wind with mavic, he's not like phantom. Doesn't give as stable feel in bad weather,

The video is not making any history, but I decided to share non the less. [emoji2]

Nice video, I like the cliff overhead shots.
I'm heading there (from Boston) at the end of May with my Mavic.
Hope to visit the Golden Circle area and then out to Akureyri and Lake Myvatn.
Any tips for using the drone or traveling with it?

Nice video, I like the cliff overhead shots.
I'm heading there (from Boston) at the end of May with my Mavic.
Hope to visit the Golden Circle area and then out to Akureyri and Lake Myvatn.
Any tips for using the drone or traveling with it?

Thank you.
The weather should be fine in may so you don't have to worry about many things. We don't have any laws or regulations that gets in our way of flying. Except for those standard no fly zones near airport and such. You can fly pretty much anywhere. So my advice for you is the same I've given others, just use common sens and fly responsibly. [emoji3] you won't have problems with customs or any government when traveling with your drone.

I live in Reykjavik, but I was born in Akureyri. There are alot of places you probably enjoy visiting. Mývatn has alot of really beautiful and quite unique places to look at. I was hoping to get to fly there this summer myself, it would be my first time there with a drone, I photographed the place quite throughly few years ago as an assignment for a travel agency.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a pm.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan