DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick question:

saudio

Reactions
Does each Mavic have a unique remote control frequency? If not, what happens if two Mavics are flown at the same time in the same area?

I'll bet this has been answered before but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

From what I have seen and read, it is not the frequency, but the pairing which is unique, so no unpaired RCs will ever connect with unpaired drones, even if they happen to fly all in the same area. Very basic and mundane explanation, I know; but should comfort you :)

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
If two mavics are flown at the same time they will both hop to frequencies that don't interfere with each other. Assuming you have the channel setting set to automatic. There is still a chance during flight that they could still interfere with each other and cause brief interruptions. So if you and a buddy are going to fly together it's best to go to manual mode and make sure you are both on separate channels.

Reactions: flipf
There was no problem at all :)
04d632a7ee3e73bcd162d852e165e49b.jpg

More on the "pairing" concept... when you pair or bind a controller to a drone, they have a short conversation and agree on a unique identifier number. Depending on the tech, the chances of accidentally finding another drone with the same identifier is either very low, extremely low, or astronomically low; the manufacturer decides how many digits this number should have.

Let's say your drone and controller pick the number 3456. Once this agreed 3456 has been chosen, the two devices are bound. Every communication includes the number. Whenever the drone receives a packet with the wrong number it ignores the data. Whenever the drone sends a packet, it includes the number and the controller will ignore other drones too. Some made up examples. Controller: "3456 CLIMB 46% UP, YAW 1% RIGHT." Drone: "3456 FORWARD VISION CLEAR, DOWNWARD VISION CLEAR, DOWNWARD ECHO 1.6 METERS."

Thanks guys! My friend just got one and I thought I better ask first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky