DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick question

Andart

Reactions
I have a samsung s6 that I don't use.....

Ok hi all , if I use my Samsung s6 in the mavic RC and if I don't want to take it out , could I put a USB charging cable through the handle into the phone and attach other end to the RC and then when I want to charge phone just move usb from RC to a plug to charge .
Can anyone see any problems .
Is the connection to RC as good through the USB as the side socket .
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes, you could do this. It is being reported by others that the bottom USB connector is more reliable than the side one. I use the bottom with an Acer Iconia tablet successfully and I could simply pull it out and plug it into the charger to recharge the tablet without removing from the support arms.

Yes, you could do this. It is being reported by others that the bottom USB connector is more reliable than the side one. I use the bottom with an Acer Iconia tablet successfully and I could simply pull it out and plug it into the charger to recharge the tablet without removing from the support arms.
Hi PropPilot, am I going to need a special cable to pair the remote to the Acer tablet that I have coming?
Thanks,
Big Bull

Nope. A cable with micro USB on one end and normal USB on the other does the trick.

RaySun RAYSUN 90 Degree USB 2.0 to Micro USB Spring Cable - Micro USB Male to | eBay

I bought this guy as it is a nice tight coiled cord that keeps tucked up behind the tablet

I did not have to do anything special to the table at all. I connected it to WiFi, updated the Android OS to the most current version and then loaded DJI Go 4.

I also loaded an app called AZ screen recorder that does just that. You press RECORD and it records everything being shown on the tablet screen along with audio. When you (at least on mine) play it back and are running the Mavvie at high speeds you will see a bit of choppy video as I am sure we are pushing the tablets resources but only the recorded video of the table screen is a bit choppy. The actual cached video from the video downlink (and of course the real recorded video on the uSD card) are perfect.

The tablet is a bit snug loading into the controller arms to just be careful. It fits perfectly and the more you insert and remove it, the smoother it becomes however just don't push on the controller arms as you are loading the tablet. You will see what I mean.

Enjoy and PM or post if you have any questions. So far, I am totally pleased with it and have had zero issues with 45 flights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Bull
you know what you could probably also do (depending if the s6 has wireless charging (i think it does) just grab one of the cheap wireless chargers off ebay for like $10-$20 I got one and it worked great for charging my phone....then you wouldnt have to worry about removing it or messing with any cables

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne