DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickshots not recordable in D-Log?

So you feel that the part about the quickshots that actually matters is that it’s already color graded? The part that anyone literally would care about are the easily repeatable camera movements for getting perfect shots.

What I’m interested in is that on their flagship drone, they unlock the cameras settings during this mode. It’s a $1500 camera drone, let me use the camera. We can go back and forth about the definition of what quick shot means all day.

For some users that is exactly what matters, no work in post. I film in H.265 except when I have played with the QSs. So it doesn't matter to me.

Like I said, you seem to want the canned actions available without being in QS mode. Why don't you go on the DJI forum and suggest that. These are really just a WayPoint mission with a predetermined POI. I don't know that I would use them any more just because I could do them in H.265, but it would be nice option.

If and when DJI releases Waypoints we will get closer. Litchi can do some of it now but it still has its shortcoming.

Reactions: Kilrah
With all due respect, the M2P is nowhere near their flagship drone :) Their flagship drones don't even have some of the quickshot modes at all.

I think the intent of the quick shots is to produce professional looking, easily shareable clips (for Facebook, Instagram, etc.) I don't disagree that we should be able to chose the recording profile and still use them (because why not) but I've seen a lot of professional/cinematic drone footage and I don't think I've ever seen a quick shot mode mixed in. I think you'd see them on the flagship drones if they were commonly needed. The more gentle, sweeping quickshot modes (i.e. dronie, circle, rocket) are really easy to do manually if you need to shoot DLog.

“The new Mavic 2 dji’s flagship drone” literally on their website.

I’m not entirely sure what the debate is. Quickshots should be able to be used in manual mode. My original question was “do you have a work around to get them into anything other than normal color 30fps?”

Do you?
Because aside from that you can talk all day I don’t really understand what any of of it matters aside from the usual cliche forum response of:
“But why would you want to do < insert original question >, don’t you know that even wanting to do that is ridiculous because < insert more things that are not an answer because I don’t know the answer > “ ;)

I’m not entirely sure what the debate is. Quickshots should be able to be used in manual mode.

"The manual doesn‘t say anything about this restriction, as far as I can see."

The manual doesn't say anything about being able to use QSs in D-log. How did You decide it should be able to?

Maybe they figure that someone that can correctly grade D-log can match the footage well enough.

Many think it should shoot in 4k 60fps and it should shoot FOV without distortion; what did you decide about those issues?

Reactions: Kilrah
The manual doesn't say anything about being able to use QSs in D-log. How did You decide it should be able to?

Maybe they figure that someone that can correctly grade D-log can match the footage well enough.

Many think it should shoot in 4k 60fps and it should shoot FOV without distortion; what did you decide about those issues?

Still not a response to a possible work around.
Let’s say if someone asked “why is DLog limited to ISO 1600? I’d like like to shoot DLog M in ISO 6400 like I can in ‘normal’. Anyone know if it’s possible?”

I could either respond with:
1.“Flip the camera into normal, set it to ISO 6400, then flip it back to DLog M and it tricks the camera into shooting DLog at ISO 6400”
2.I could respond with nothing if I don’t know the answer.
3.I can lecture them on how no one who’s awesome would ever want to do the thing they’re asking because I know everything except an answer to their question so let’s attack their question because god forbid I keep myself from chiming in.

Don’t be 3 dude, be 1 or 2 :)

But in all fairness, I don’t think any forums would exist anywhere without a bunch of 3’s. it’s like you guys literally have “but why would you even want to do that, that’s stupid” ready to copy and paste from a clipboard haha

3.I can lecture them on how no one who’s awesome would ever want to do the thing they’re asking because I know everything except an answer to their question so let’s attack their question because god forbid I keep myself from chiming in.

Don’t be 3 dude, be 1 or 2 :)
QUOTE]

I looked back at this thread and could find no attack on you or any questioning of why you would want to do that? In fact I and others agreed it would be nice if one could get those canned shots in H.265.

Still not a response to a possible work around.
Because the answer was "no" from the get go and the thread was sorted by then already. Since you came and started rambling about why you want it people moved on to explaining why it isn't.

Perhaps we should let Hollywood know that they aren't using the the best drones - maybe we'll get a fire sale on the Matrice and Inspire 2's! ;)

Most Hollywood productions use Freefly Alta 8’s and or helicopters. But you can let the farmers or corporate promo video productions know they’re on sale ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark