DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extender witch antenna?

poppeye

Reactions
HI !

I got the DBSitelite range extender to the Mavic. IT wotks perfekt, event from stok Max range 800m to 1450m still got easy 3/5 bars left. the problem is if the drone is behind me or the drone is behind a obstical I will loos signal instsntly. what kaind of antenna should i bouy that can penetrate obsticals?

"...what kaind of antenna should i bouy that can penetrate obsticals?" The answer is you can't, there isn't one.

You're a ground based transmitter using a radio frequency that can't "penetrate obsticals" and this gets worse at distance where the signal is already weaker.

How the military does it (I presume) is via satellite signal (radiates down and the obstacle at this point is if their drone goes under a metal roof. (building)

thx for reply:)

any experience with Fpvrl helical antenna, I thought that antenna was bether to punche true obsticals vs the itelite dbs flat antenna

Think of it like a flashlight. Our stock setups are not quite flood nor spot but somewhere in between, and they're fairly bright. Transmit power is ~24dBm here in the US. (FCC rules) When you install a conical or helical type antenna (or flat panel), you refocus this power (light for sake of our example here) to be more of a spot beam in nature, giving you better range. However, it still will cast a shadow behind an obstacle that it can't penetrate. No matter how bright (within practical limits) you'll not overcome this. Now, given enough power (light) you can create SO much power (light) that reflections can illuminate the shadows behind an obstacle, the effects of which logarithmically drop off with distance.

Now, all this and your question re "experience with Fpvrl helical antenna" depends on the design and construction of your transmit and receive antennas at both ends (meaning the drones antennas and their design.

Caveat Emptor!

Think of it like a flashlight. Our stock setups are not quite flood nor spot but somewhere in between, and they're fairly bright. Transmit power is ~24dBm here in the US. (FCC rules) When you install a conical or helical type antenna (or flat panel), you refocus this power (light for sake of our example here) to be more of a spot beam in nature, giving you better range. However, it still will cast a shadow behind an obstacle that it can't penetrate. No matter how bright (within practical limits) you'll not overcome this. Now, given enough power (light) you can create SO much power (light) that reflections can illuminate the shadows behind an obstacle, the effects of which logarithmically drop off with distance.

Now, all this and your question re "experience with Fpvrl helical antenna" depends on the design and construction of your transmit and receive antennas at both ends (meaning the drones antennas and their design.

Caveat Emptor!

I've been watching a lot of flight videos on You Tube and I have to say the highest performing antenna ( based on independant flight tests) is the ITElite Nanosync antenna. That antenna can make the Mavic Pro fly over 5 miles with a strong connection and no boosters. My buddy just bought a Nanosync antenna and hes raving about it.

I've been watching a lot of flight videos on You Tube and I have to say the highest performing antenna ( based on independant flight tests) is the ITElite Nanosync antenna. That antenna can make the Mavic Pro fly over 5 miles with a strong connection and no boosters. My buddy just bought a Nanosync antenna and hes raving about it.

I Got the ITelite, siden work ennymore after 5 flights, awsone customer suport sow i got New cabels but it's a nightmare to open the controller again

I read in another thread that ITElite upgraded the cables to be more durable. From what I can see the first version internal cables were pretty small and fragile (due to space constraints in the mavic controller) but they corrected the issue so now the cables will last the rigors of installation and usage. But I agree with you the installation is a pain without the right tools.

thx for reply:)

any experience with Fpvrl helical antenna, I thought that antenna was bether to punche true obsticals vs the itelite dbs flat antenna
I’m kinda looking for something similar to what you are looking for. Check out Titan Drones Atlas Antenna. I won’t even try to explain it. But it’s made to penatrate. Go to their website or they have some videos on YouTube. I’m only seennpositive reviews

there is no videos that compare 4hawks sr and titan switch for the mavic air... I was about to get me a n antenna booster but......Because i wanna fly in a big city with lots of interferences and i dont want to lose the bird...

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
there is no videos that compare 4hawks sr and titan switch for the mavic air... I was about to get me a n antenna booster but......Because i wanna fly in a big city with lots of interferences and i dont want to lose the bird...
Did you ever settle on an antenna?

That's a shame. I commented because it looked as if the conversation got left without a resolution.

Are you still thinking about it?

If so, I highly recommend the Raptor XR.

I've installed it on my M2P and have had very noticeable improvements from it over the tiny stock antennas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard