DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rate my video

Thanks to all the souls who replied and provided the feedback.
What about this one I made last year?

Lots of good shots in that one and you seem quite comfortable flying and editing. The following is just based on my initial thoughts and preferences. I hope you were flying within the proper regulations for that area.

The color grading is not my style but it is consistent for the most part. If I were to reorder the edits I would look at pushing the wide shots to the beginning and end to better bracket the detail shots you have. Set the stage showing the whole of the structure, show details, and creative shots,/angles, and wrap up with a breathtaking and memorable vista. You almost do this but you started with a title screen that doesn't include the subject that leads into a detail of the crown that then finally led into a shot of the full structure. This third one is what gives context and sets a stage and we waited a long time for it. The shot at 2:01 would have been a solid way to fade out since it is pretty grand and nicely framed. The shot at 02:05 is nice but doesn't seem to further the story or add context since I can't figure out the relationship to the tower as I watched it.

A few of the shots have some dead space in them that don't seem to add much to the video on a whole and therefore feel like they drag on a little bit longer then is comfy. An example of this is at 0:18. The crown is much more interesting and you move away from it to less interesting structure rather than possibly reversing the shot to end on the crown to lead into the next shot.

Just my two cents. Toss them in a well and make a wish.

My biggest thought. How does a massive communications tower like that not cause problems with the radios in the Mavic? I would have thought just the sheer strength of all the various signals would have messed with things at least a little bit. :)

Where are the bikini models draped across the car and gansters drinking gin and juice while showing some stacks of cash and gold chains?

Reactions: BigAl07
I started to not listen to music when watching videos for that isn’t a part of what the videographer did, and yes, it could affect how someone likes the video. Anyways, the Mercedes video had the same issues for me- too much effect and less creative shots than the tower video- that one had good cuts and nice camera work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d