DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC disconnect

Hayabusa

Reactions
I have not flown in a while ( maybe 2 or months)
Had to do firmware upgrade etc...
Went out about 1/2 mile and then screen froze and said remote controller disconnected.
I still had control but nothing but frozen screen. I brought her back close to home and wanted to turn remote off and back on to see if it would connect but was afraid to while in air so landed and shut down and turn off and on and reconnected. I was afraid that if didbin air it would do what it is suppose to do and rth and if I couldn’t connect it would rth and land on my roof or not where I wanted.
My question is what is the best response to a Rc disconnect/frozen screen but still have ac control?
Like I said it has been a few months and was very nerve racking.
Thanks for the help
Mike

If RTH setup properly and HP recorded b4 taking off.
With RC disconnect, if you turn off the RC and leave it off for a few secs (not sure how long) RTH will be initiated.
After powering RC ON it will try to reconnect to AC while the AC is on it's RTH mode coming back your way.
@ least that's the theory.

I assumed it would rth. I didn’t want to do that because my rth was off my 4th floor balcony. I was afraid that if I turned off- rth was initiated and I somehow couldn’t reconnect now that it would try to land possibly hitting the building etc...
Question better put would be what is the proper procedure for my type of disconnect or did I do correctly?
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting