DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rear end of battery

Tonka

Reactions
Question all. One of my batteries feels like there is a slight bulge in the back side. The side closest the the rear of the unit when attached. I have 4 total batteries and only #3 has this slight bulge. I do not have pictures right now (will post soon) but I just wanted to see if any of you guys have this slight bulge on any of your batteries. I might be a little paranoid but with all the overloads and "dead in the sky" posts, I just want to be sure. DJI already has one of my batteries from the failed update. I still have yet to receive my replacement. I'd rather not be down 2 batteries right now. Goggles came in...

I have it.

for me i just monitor it closely after each flight to see if it changes.
if you just noticed it ensure you take it easy and monitor the battery through voltage and temps during flights for the first few flights. do not use sports mode, or rather use sports mode in short burst or when you really need it, this really takes a toll on the batteries and brings the temps up. ( i suspect this may be the cause of them bulging in the first place.)

others may tell you differently but i have had a bit of experience with lipos to know if there are any risk involved. I now use the battery as normal andhave put on about 50 flights with no further bulging.

also keep in mind the lipo has more than enough expansion power to expand it self out of the mount and there fore disconnecting itself from the mavic battery terminals. which results in the mavic falling from the sky!!..

so do this at your own discretion.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech