DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reasons not to upgrade to firmware .800

PaoloOne

Reactions
I'm just resuming the objective reasons why not to upgrade to .800, as far as I know are these, maybe somebody could add some more or criticize them:
  • Third party apps will suffer of flight limitations unless you start temporarily the DJI Go app before them (painful process), probably this will be fixed over time
  • DJI Goggles will be able to use only the 75% of the screen
  • The Goggles cannot be used anymore without launching at least once the Go app from a mobile device.
Any others?

Last edited:
In my case it's just a simple matter: upgraded to .500 and got problems, upgraded to .600 and got problems, upgraded to .700 and got problems: from the other side .400 is running perfectly so i decided to stick there and forget about upgrades and enjoy my Mavic instead of continously testing from an upgrade to the other.

Reactions: Robbyg and dewster
don't think so
Too bad, your approach is really tempting at this point, especially with Dji attitude in not allowing third-party developers to preview and test releases, in fact they use us as beta testers, now it is clear

The possibility that an Internet connection may be required to fly mavic.

Example: you spend 3 weeks to hike halfway up mt Everest. You pull out mavic and launch djigo4 only to realize you've been signed out of the app.

Mavic is now useless.

Several people have denied it though.

Must be sepecific to some units / sources or a configuration problem.
I'm suffering from this issue, and only downgrading the FW to .600 and then back up to .700 was what fixed. It was a real pain, and left DJI totally confused. What I don't get is why I had to take it down to .600 before I could go back to .700. I tried multiple times to reload .800 and the problem resurfaced every time with every HDMI device I used. It's really frustrating, and I will be sticking to .700 on the goggles for the time being, unless someone can help me figure out what went wrong here.

I'm just resuming the objective reasons why not to upgrade to .800, as far as I know are these, maybe somebody could add some more or criticize them:
  • Third party apps will suffer of flight limitations unless you start temporarily the DJI Go app before them (painful process), probably this will be fixed over time
  • DJI Goggles will be able to use only the 75% of the screen
  • The Goggles cannot be used anymore without launching at least once the Go app from a mobile device.
Any others?
Number one isn't true. Any App using the DJI SDK will work. Litchi will lift these restrictions too.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Can you please explain what you mean by only seeing 75% of the screen issue ???? What is missing ???

For some reason, certain Goggles don't handle HDMI very well on .800 and decides to scale the HDMI video to 75% of its original size. I'm the only to encounter this so far, but it's clearly software related.

Number one isn't true. Any App using the DJI SDK will work. Litchi will lift these restrictions too.
Litchi has confirmed this issue:
With the current versions of Litchi (iOS 1.16.12 and Android 3.10.10), if you update to the latest DJI firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0800), Phantom 4 Pro (v01.04.0602) or Phantom 4 Advanced (v01.00.0128) you will be required to log in in DJI Go to unlock the new altitude and distance limitations both for DJI Go and Litchi. The upcoming Litchi versions will automatically unlock the restrictions without having to log in in DJI Go except if you fly in China (in which case log in with DJI Go will still be required but can be done within Litchi).

Reactions: Cyberpower678
And here their further comment:
We hope to release it this month, unfortunately DJI caught us off-guard (their update was supposed to be released july 1st)
This is telling a lot how Dji is caring about their partners so I suggest everyone has not upgraded yet to hold the horses and wait a bit.

I tried to fly yesterday and DJI go app refused to let me fly until I upgraded. I upgraded and flew three batteries out and on trip was 2 miles out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre