DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reasons not to upgrade to firmware .800

And here their further comment:

This is telling a lot how Dji is caring about their partners so I suggest everyone has not upgraded yet to hold the horses and wait a bit.

Why would DJI care if a third party app works with their firmware? It's not their job to adapt to Litchi or any other app.

Why would DJI care if a third party app works with their firmware? It's not their job to adapt to Litchi or any other app.
They are using the DJI SDK, the whole reason for having that SDK is to allow partners to be part of an ecosystem which benefits DJI market leadership, playing by the rules is part of it. Apple has become what is now mostly thanks to iTunes and the app store, they know the value of millions of developers. DJI should do the same if they want to keep dominance.

For some reason, certain Goggles don't handle HDMI very well on .800 and decides to scale the HDMI video to 75% of its original size. I'm the only to encounter this so far, but it's clearly software related.

They do that on .700 too. It’s only certain things. #misinformation

For some reason, certain Goggles don't handle HDMI very well on .800 and decides to scale the HDMI video to 75% of its original size. I'm the only to encounter this so far, but it's clearly software related.

I encountered this issue on .700 when I tried to play a game on my MacBook with the goggles.

However when I watch a movie in iTunes it totally fine.

Litchi is IMHO the best third party app to fly DJI drones, especially for waypoints planned missions
Then you haven't tried FPV Camera then.
It is by far, miles ahead of Litchi and AP and light years ahead of the DJI crap!

As far as the hdmi screen reduction, some say 75%, some say barley noticeable, and some say only on certain things. I've checked mine several times now and still never see any screen reduction. I don't pretend to understand why. But, there is obviously an issue.

Then you haven't tried FPV Camera then.
It is by far, miles ahead of Litchi and AP and light years ahead of the DJI crap!
Well, it runs only on IOS, so it is like does not exist to me, I have only Android devices.

They do that on .700 too. It’s only certain things. #misinformation
I encountered this issue on .700 when I tried to play a game on my MacBook with the goggles.

However when I watch a movie in iTunes it totally fine.
Yes. When you downgrade from .800 directly to .700 you will also encounter that issue. After downgrading to .600 and back up to .700 did that issue go away. Give it a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrews297