DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Received my new DJI Goggles today...

TrayBoz

Reactions
... after being on the fence since they came out. Got a slightly used pair on Ebay for $344. So far I must say they've exceeded my expectations.

Just Wow. It's a whole new world.

( And my wife thought she had competition BEFORE! )

I just wish the RC Signal Strength icon that is shown in the manual was actually in the goggles. Does everyone else has this problem? I routinely check my RC signal strength bars when I fly out very far, for peace of mind.

Btw, on the cheap, one can fly using the dji googles, and the "passenger" can wear vr goggles with an iphone plugged into tx. Run the app "Mavic FPV" In vr mode.

Or vice-versa as well.

Update the goggles to fw .1000 and u will have the icon u want.

Bonzo, I wish I could give you 10 "Likes" ! That fixed my problem. I bought these goggles from someone else who "thought" they were on the latest firmware, but obviously they were not. (I should've checked myself.)

I just upgraded to the latest firmware, and you are right, now the RC Signal Strength indicator is there! :D

I flew 4 batteries with the goggles yesterday (before I was aware of a firmware update) and I loved every minute. Are there any other significant changes or improvements I can expect to see when I fly next time? (today)

One thing I did notice yesterday: Obstacle avoidance kicked in many times unnecessarily, repeatedly, when I was flying pretty high with no obstacles around (and the sun was no where nearby to blame). It got so annoying I almost decided just to turn OA off and fly without it.

I don't know for sure if this is a problem with the goggles or some other problem (maybe the latest mavic firmware?) It's been a long time since I just sat and flew 4 batteries back-to-back, so maybe the problem was there before I got the goggles but I just wasn't aware of it yet (??)

So far my favorite flying setup with the goggles is flying in HeadTrack-Gimbal mode, combined with Cinematic Mode, with the Head-Track Sensitivity turned all the way down. It makes for a very nice, smooth, flowing experience and video that's not too jumpy. (using 1080p setting)

Thanks again, Bonzo!
Once again, MavicPilots comes to the rescue with a quick solution to my absolutely horrible first-world problems.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Clinton1
Awesome, glad it worked and thanks for the thanks:)

Assuming u have removed the tiny little plastic sheets covering the the avoidance sensors, I honestly don't know.
I disabled mine out of fear of not getting it back in sunlight. Sport mode disables them, and there is a separate setting to diable in RTH, so I should re-enable.
I don't know of any other unexpected changes.

OT, My 15 yr old son has been practicing piano for about 5yrs, he's getting good ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TrayBoz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter