DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Rock Canyon, California.

It's sooo many beautiful places to fly here in Southern California. Even though that's approaching Central California its still within a reasonable drive. We have such a target rich environment. I want to fly over the iconic 'crack in the earth' known as San Andrea's' Fault just 100 miles west of Red Rock Canyon (west of Taft) . . . in the Carrizo Plain National Monument area.

Reactions: alpineph
It's sooo many beautiful places to fly here in Southern California. Even though that's approaching Central California its still within a reasonable drive. We have such a target rich environment. I want to fly over the iconic 'crack in the earth' known as San Andrea's' Fault just 100 miles west of Red Rock Canyon (west of Taft) . . . in the Carrizo Plain National Monument area.
Area around Owens Lake is also very interesting, although drone's remote controller may not work properly there. I took those canyon shots blindly, most of my rc screen was blocked by a strange black square. Later I was explained about lots of military activities in that area.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Amazing!

Great shots! Thanks for sharing!

Great Shots!! I thought Red Rock Canyon was near Las Vegas...Must be another one in Calif.

There is one just outside Ridgecrest on HWY 14. It is a state park, legal to fly. This is a popular place for toy haulers... Lots of folks love to take their ATVs or dirt bikes out to this area for recreation.

Trona Pinnacles is close by, and has some absolutely incredible rock formations. The first 15 seconds of the following video has some quick shots of both:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine