DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurbished or not

abadrs

Reactions
I purchased a (refurbished) Mavic off of eBay recently. Before the quad showed up I was doing some reading about the Mavic. I had read that a refurbished quad will have an r at the end of the s/n. Mine doesn't, but it did have stickers on the box that said (Open Box). Am I to assume that mine isn't actually refurbished and was just an open box new quad? This is just a curiosity thing.

Must be Open box item from the seller. All the refurbished items I have gotten from Dji has the R.
My Phantom 3 Professional and Just purchased Mavic Pro.

I purchased a (refurbished) Mavic off of eBay recently. Before the quad showed up I was doing some reading about the Mavic. I had read that a refurbished quad will have an r at the end of the s/n. Mine doesn't, but it did have stickers on the box that said (Open Box). Am I to assume that mine isn't actually refurbished and was just an open box new quad? This is just a curiosity thing.

My refurbished has the R at the end of the serial number.
All around it has better performance than the new one I purchased a few months earlier.

I suppose it is a new MP. If you have to register with DJI the first time you powered it then it is new, i guess.

I am guessing it was a refurbished Mavic, by someone not authorized by DJI to do the work. As far as I know, all DJI refurbished Mavic's get their SN revised with an "R" at the end. That doesn't mean that a refurbished drone is bad, just means that it was sent back to the manufacturer for some reason and they fixed the problem and sold it with the same warranty as if new. But, buying refurbished off of eBay or from any third party reseller, you are taking a risk that the repairs to the Mavic may not have been done in compliance with DJI's standards. My experience with eBay is "Buyer Beware".

I recently bought a "new" MP @ ebay from a seller that received it from DJI to solve a guarantee issue. I bought bewaring it wasn't a refurbished or a used unit but fortunately it doesn't have the "R" at the end of the s/n and has to register once powered, so it was a legit new MP. Accordingly to its birthday date almost 6 months pass for its maiden fly. I like it came with 400 FW.

The store I bought from is an authorized DJI dealer (according to them) seems to fly ok other than drifting at night. But I'm literally only 3 flights in. Going to fly as soon as battery charges today. Before I go up I'm gonna calibrate joy sticks and of course compass before I fly.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark