DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remove props.

I've never run mine with the props off for an extended period of time, but I often turn them on inside for short periods of time when testing different things out on my Mavic.

Reactions: baldflux
Yes.

I've run mine in the house without props for short periods of time. I haven't found any reason to run them for longer periods. Usually if I am powering up in the house for firmware load, gimbal or app test, etc. I will have the props off but not start the motors - just to be sure that some mistake on my part doesn't result in a RTH through the ceiling.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
I was just wondering if you run the Mavic without props does it go to a full power the moment you move the throttle? I am new to drones but have flown RC planes for years. I am asking because I assume that it realizes the altitude is not changing and tries to compensate with more power. Is moving the throttle safe to do and whats the maximum time that you have let the motors run? (Ballpark figure, 5 seconds or minutes)

Thanks
Rob

I was just wondering if you run the Mavic without props does it go to a full power the moment you move the throttle? I am new to drones but have flown RC planes for years. I am asking because I assume that it realizes the altitude is not changing and tries to compensate with more power. Is moving the throttle safe to do and whats the maximum time that you have let the motors run? (Ballpark figure, 5 seconds or minutes)

Thanks
Rob

I have never done this but I wouldn't see it as an issue. If you manually prime the Mavic the motors spin up only slightly to make sure the blades are extended. You could then use the throttle gently and see how it reacts. There is a RPM readout on the RC that you could monitor to make sure they aren't doing anything weird. If it does go haywire you can always just power down straight on the battery since there are no props to worry about and it'll be sitting still.

Wow this thing is intelligent! Did it remain spinning on startup and then shutdown when you moved the throttle or just shutdown right away. I hope to have mine in a week or two so I am curious.

Thanks

When running without props I let the motors idle. I've only done brief stick inputs with no interest in stressing the motors or the logic. With any brief stick input you can hear the motors reacting as expected. I don't hold it for a long time as I see no benefit. (that's inputs in all directions)

I know the error was also a feature on the P3. If you try and run it I'm not sure if it notices the rpm difference or what but it knows there is no blades on and pops up an error. I don't have my mavic yet but I assume like others have confirmed it would have done the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan