DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair facility in US for Eachine EX4 drone (or alternate fix suggestions)

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Without going into detail, I have an Eachine EX4 (same as JJRC X12 or C-Fly Faith) with a whacked gimbal. Other than that it appears undamaged. I tried flying it for 2 days and declared it defective. The short story is that I got refunded the money and stuck with the drone because neither Banggod nor I wanted to pay for return shipping. I want to give it to my friend, but in it's current condition it would be strictly LOS and would be unusable for any photos or video. If it could be fixed for not too much money he would have an ok starter drone until he would decide to invest in the hobby. The major repair facilities I know of only fix DJI and Autel.

Who in the US, hopefully the Chicago area could make this drone usable (it is still flyable)?
TIA

I would send @djidroneservice a message and ask if his technicians
would look at it. They in NJ and won’t cost at all to message him.

Reactions: dirkclod
First of all I'd check all the ribbon cable connections, one may have simply disconnected from the crash.

I'd probably just swap out the camera yourself before sending it in for service

looks like a 4 screws to replace it

Last edited:
First of all I'd check all the ribbon cable connections, one may have simply disconnected from the crash.

I'd probably just swap out the camera yourself before sending it in for service

looks like a 4 screws to replace it

Swapping out the part isn't the issue. It's getting part to swap out cheap enough. Compared to DJI this drone is garbage. I might spend $50 so my friend can have a working drone, but not a good idea to spend $161 AUD or USD equivalent for parts when the drone itself, minus the extra batteries bag, etc only costs that much. Besides, I won't buy another thing from Banggood. I received this drone defective, reported it the day after getting it and not only would they not ship a replacement or refund my money before receiving it back, they wanted me to pay for return shipping ($50-$60 USD) and insisted that I pay for the return shipping, though their website clearly states that they would be responsible for return shipping on defective products. Two months later I still have the drone and I just want to give it away, wishing that I hadn't wasted the time and bought DJI to begin with. FWIW, the EX flys like toy compared to the Mavic Mini.

Swapping out the part isn't the issue. It's getting part to swap out cheap enough. Compared to DJI this drone is garbage. I might spend $50 so my friend can have a working drone, but not a good idea to spend $161 AUD or USD equivalent for parts when the drone itself, minus the extra batteries bag, etc only costs that much. Besides, I won't buy another thing from Banggood. I received this drone defective, reported it the day after getting it and not only would they not ship a replacement or refund my money before receiving it back, they wanted me to pay for return shipping ($50-$60 USD) and insisted that I pay for the return shipping, though their website clearly states that they would be responsible for return shipping on defective products. Two months later I still have the drone and I just want to give it away, wishing that I hadn't wasted the time and bought DJI to begin with. FWIW, the EX flys like toy compared to the Mavic Mini.

In that case, just open it up and check on all the ribbon cable connections.
I didn't realise it was a DOA, as you mentioned a whacked gimbal I though it was crash damage that might be fixed with a replacement LOL

In that case, just open it up and check on all the ribbon cable connections.
I didn't realise it was a DOA, as you mentioned a whacked gimbal I though it was crash damage that might be fixed with a replacement LOL
It's not DOA... It did have flying problems from the start and one of the gimbal motors doesn't seem to be working, so the picture it totally unstable and extremely shaky. Banggood did not want to make good on their warranty, stated on their website and pay for return shipping. Two months later I still have the drone, having never flown it past day 2. I just want to give it away, and thought that if I could get the gimbal fixed or at least stabilized it would be better for whoever I give it to.

My advice to prospective new flyers... Don't bother with these off-brand drones and go straight for DJI. As for Banggooood... Caveat Emptor.

Reactions: dawgpilot
My advice to prospective new flyers... Don't bother with these off-brand drones and go straight for DJI. As for Banggooood... Caveat Emptor.

Agree 100%. I wasted a bunch of money buying "cheap" drones from Banggood before finally just getting a DJI Mavic Air.

Agree 100%. I wasted a bunch of money buying "cheap" drones from Banggood before finally just getting a DJI Mavic Air.

After watching reviews by Captain Drone and one other guy I decided to pull the trigger on the EX4. I should have listened to the one reviewer that said the EX4 (or one of its twins) was difficult to control. But it was $250 with the extra battery, bag etc, so I decided to be cheap. Banggood did not want to live up to their warranty pledge but I ended up getting my money back because their reticence and game playing was well documented.

I replaced it with a Mavic Mini, which is an incredible piece of engineering for what it is. What I probably should have done is gone straight to the MA2, but didn't. I like the Mini a lot- except for the many higher wind days that keep me grounded or no higher than 150' AGL. The MA2 for me would have been a better choice. But as the old adage goes, in for a penny, in for a pound, having been grounded too many times by high winds I went for a refurbished M2P only a few weeks after getting the Mini. No regrets having purchased both now as this has become pretty serious... Planning on taking the Part 107 test next month.

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom