DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement Mavic DOA

tpop24

Reactions
Just got my MP back from replacement thru dji care. The replacement will not complete gimbal initialization and get an error of motor overload check that gimbal clamp is removed. I've recalibrated IMU and compass and try to calibrate gimbal with no response. It just keeps facing down and will no respond. Any thoughts? On a side note, while looking thru the settings I see that is a used MP with someone else's name in the settings. Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Just got my MP back from replacement thru dji care. The replacement will not complete gimbal initialization and get an error of motor overload check that gimbal clamp is removed. I've recalibrated IMU and compass and try to calibrate gimbal with no response. It just keeps facing down and will no respond. Any thoughts? On a side note, while looking thru the settings I see that is a used MP with someone else's name in the settings. Is this normal?

Wow. That's just horrible! I would be so ticked off if I was you!!!

Reactions: dewster
I am very ticked! They held it for 4 days in repair and testing which I thought very odd for a replacement thru refresh then when I get it its broken. They didn't test very well

Reactions: avanti1963
No chance it's become unseated from the clips right? Could have happened in travel.

iPhone 6S

Please keep us apprised!

4c3fb07046a63cdcb6e82655d2cbe90a.jpg

I sent my 1 week old mavic away for a faulty gimbal out of the box and after arguments with them about slapping me with a huge repair bill which they finally dropped after assessing the facts properly, my mavic is now being returned. However, it isnt my mavic as the serial number has changed so god only knows what I am going to get back!? I'll be really pissed if its someone elses crappy damaged returned goods.. DJI should either replace for brand new in the first instance or repair the one I sent. These cowboys are getting more shoddy by the day, roll on some real DJI competition thats all I can say.

Everything looks normal but the camera just points down.

Have you checked the gimbal clips? and is the gimbal actually spinning i.e. is there resistance when you try to position the camera gently by hand while powered up? what happens if you pan the camera up with the controller.. does it move?

When off, all appears normal. All seems to move freely. When i turn it on it tries to initialize, clunks around and stops facing downward. Gimbal will not respond at all.

When off, all appears normal. All seems to move freely. When i turn it on it tries to initialize, clunks around and stops facing downward. Gimbal will not respond at all.

Sounds faulty to me bud, think it will need to go back again as painful as it is. But I agree with you in that DJI should have picked this up during testing and QA inspection. I'd also question recieving 2nd hand crap as one of your care refresh options.

That is pretty bad customer care. Refresh is supposed to provide a new unit?
Unfortunately not...The Refresh agreement says that they will provide a new unit,, " or equivalent to new in performance and reliability". So I guess that means they can refurbish any damaged/faulty units that come in, and then send them out as replacements to Refresh customers.

Reactions: Panamera
I asked the tech and he said that I should have received a new unit. The unit they sent obviously isn't new. They offered expedited replacement. Anyone know what "expedited" means and how long it will take.

Unfortunately not...The Refresh agreement says that they will provide a new unit,, " or equivalent to new in performance and reliability". So I guess that means they can refurbish any damaged/faulty units that come in, and then send them out as replacements to Refresh customers.
Rocky dog is right, they do say in the fine print that a replacement can be refurbished.

I just got my Mavic that I've been waiting since November 2nd for. Camera Sensor Malfunction and Gimbal Malfunction out of the box, and no picture from the camera. The only silver lining is that since I ordered through Amazon, they were cross shipping a replacement within 45 minutes of reporting the issue. Seems like QC isn't high on the list.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich