DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restoring a Mavic 2 Zoom to its original configuration. Seems somewhere I did an update to firmware and it affects my range on the 2.4 Mhz antenna.

danzaw

Reactions
I am not that experienced with my drone but do so much enjoy flying it and taking both videos and pictures. Somewhere along the line I must have installed a firmware that seriously affects the range of my drone if my 2.4 MHz drone antenna is involved. I can fly it without any issues on 5.8 but not on auto or dual bands. Can anyone help?

I am not that experienced with my drone but do so much enjoy flying it and taking both videos and pictures. Somewhere along the line I must have installed a firmware that seriously affects the range of my drone if my 2.4 MHz drone antenna is involved. I can fly it without any issues on 5.8 but not on auto or dual bands. Can anyone help?
It depends whether the DJI anti-rollback function is set to '1' or '2'. If '2': it is difficult/impossible to flash to an earlier firmware. Last good configuration for signal was *.*.0670.... and yes, I too regret updating to *.*.0770/0790.
But...the drone is still workable on 5.8ghz band and reduced range/penetration can be partially mitigated by using drone-hacks FCC BOOST hack, which increases transmission strength from 26db to about 30db.

It depends whether the DJI anti-rollback function is set to '1' or '2'. If '2': it is difficult/impossible to flash to an earlier firmware. Last good configuration for signal was *.*.0670.... and yes, I too regret updating to *.*.0770/0790.
But...the drone is still workable on 5.8ghz band and reduced range/penetration can be partially mitigated by using drone-hacks FCC BOOST hack, which increases transmission strength from 26db to about 30db.
So how do I check the anti-rollback function to see where it is set at?

So how do I check the anti-rollback function to see where it is set at?
Go to DRONE-HACKS.COM, download the desktop app, read through their instructions pages. You also need to go to DJI webpage for Mavic 2, download and install DJI ASSISTANT FOR MAVIC.
When you launch the drone-hacks app and connect the drone to the computer via the DJI USB cable, the drone is recognised and the column on the left will show current firmware, rollback version and other parameters.

It's up to you if you buy the hack package, but it works perfectly. I have the 'regular package' for the Mavic 2 zoom, been using it for the last couple of years with no complaints. You don't need to activate all the hacks if you don't want to. The only active one in my bird is the FCC BOOST.

But, if you flash the firmware to use all the options, it's your responsibility to fly within the regulations and respect the letter of the Law, having a drone with all restrictions removed means that you have to choose to behave responsibly instead of being dictated to like a child.

I am not sure I will ever do a new firmware update. The last one really messed up things. The drone is on its way for the 2nd time at their Texas repair facility. Lost T & S modes Working with DJI SUPPORT we were unable to get those modes to function.

I have had a Zoom since 2018 and it is running the latest firmware and I have no range issues at all. So i am asking if you are on the current firmware also?

I have had a Zoom since 2018 and it is running the latest firmware and I have no range issues at all. So i am asking if you are on the current firmware also?
What are the numbers of your latest firmware??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13